The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kyle...the cute, and not so cute

Kyle can say the cutest things sometimes. And sometimes I remember them while other times I forget so I had to capture this one because it brought the biggest smile to my face, and his. Yesterday morning he came into our bedroom and was laying in bed when I opened the shades. He looked outside and saw the snow covered ground, for the first time this winter. He got the biggest smile on his face and in the happiest voice he said, "Mommy, look at the snow! It can be Christmas now!" See, there ARE positives to living in freezing cold Michigan :-)

On another note, last night he was eating dinner and I was trying to get him to try carrots (he hasn't been so interested in them since he was a baby). Since the babies were eating them up, I thought that might motivate him. He left them on his plate until the bitter end and he asked me to sit with him while he tried to eat them. I had Brooke on my lap and we sat there while we bargained on how many he should "try". Well, on the first bite (literally), he put it in his mouth and had the gag reflex kick in. A little came up...then his WHOLE DINNER (and probably lunch too!) came up, all over himself, me and the floor. He spared Brooke, but the look on both of their faces was priceless! Needless to say, the smell was enough to make me want to lose it. I had to clean Kyle and I up while Ed had the honor of cleaning up the rug under the table. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood!

I don't think Kyle will be eating carrots anytime soon. But he WILL enjoy Christmas and all the joy that comes with it!

3 Comments:

Blogger samantha said...

Yuck!!!

December 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

OH MY!

December 10, 2009 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

WHOOOOPS!!! (Though I am smiling... is that mean?) I have to tell you that I started some blogs- (private ones- because there were too many for others to keep up with!) where I am writing the kids letters about the funny things they say and do and just things I want them to know... and then I'm going to turn them into a blog books. (Thanks again for that tip- I made one for my 'Pause' blog and am going to make one for my Dorans at the end of the year!)

December 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home