The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poop patrol































Pictures:
* Three babies in a basket (L-R: Ryan, Jack, Brooke) - who would have guessed a laundry basket could be such great entertainment!
* Kyle with his fake smile. I think he's had his picture taken a few too many times already in his short life :-)
* My cousin Michael got married on Friday night (pic includes me, Uncle Jim, Aunt Sherrie, Christen *got engaged on Sunday!* and Nate)
* Baby dedication on Sunday (L-R: Mommy/Brooke, Daddy/Ryan, Grandpa Logan/Jack (sound asleep!)

It seems my life for the past week and a half has been all about poop. How much (A LOT), consistency, color, sore butts, etc. Who knew that we could go through almost 30 diapers a day!? And Kyle isn't even wearing diapers anymore! The triplets have shared a viral infection (diagnosis yesterday from the doctor) for over a week now. Jack seems to be getting better but poor Brooke and Ryan. Most nights they are sleeping all night but wake up with a horrible, messy diaper...what did people do before air freshener?! They are on a tame diet right now so here's hoping the end is in sight.
While at the doctor, we had them weighed. Ryan has taken over the top spot!
Ryan 19 lbs
Brooke 18 lbs 14 oz
Jack 18 lbs 10 oz
On Friday night, Ed and I went to my cousin Michael's wedding and had a wonderful time. My other cousin, Lynette came with her daughter Jenna to watch the kids. They are the best :-) They picked the kids up at Cheryl's and as they were heading home, Kyle asked where Ed and I were. She told him that we went out and would be home later. When he got home, he asked, "so my mom isn't downstairs working?" When Lynette said no, he said, "my stomach hurts. You should call my mom and dad and tell them to come home right now!". OMG...where did he learn that?! Too funny...he did end up having a great time and soon forgot about his tummy :-) The wedding was great and it was nice to have an evening of adult time. Then on Sunday the grooms sister, Christen got engaged! What an exciting weekend...can't wait for another wedding next summer! Two down, one to go :-)
Kyle has been doing well at school. The hardest part for him is the drop off. He's fine leading up to it, then when it's time for me to leave, he cries. I feel horrible leaving him but know that it doesn't last long and he is smiling and happy when I pick him up. I can't wait for the day when he runs into class and let's me leave right away :-) Today when I asked what he did at school he said, "I cried, then I had fun!". That about sums it up from a male perspective!
On Saturday we went to Drew Blasy's second birthday party. It was a perfect day for a party and everyone had a great time. Kyle loved the pinata (he said he has big muscles from drinking his milk so that helped him take a few good swings at Elmo!) and the babies enjoyed watching the big kids.
Ed's family also came into town on Saturday for a quick weekend. Aunt Kris, Uncle Mark and Grandpa Logan came up for the babies dedication on Sunday. It was a quick weekend but we had a great time and we were so glad they came. My parents came back from Maine just in time to attend the festivities on Sunday too.
Kyle's been SO funny lately. A few funnies:
* We were walking home from Cheryl's today (with my parents) and he said to my mom and I, "hey girls, look at this!"
* He'll start off his sentence with OH MY GOSH! And it sounds so funny because he really emphasizes the words.
* He LOVES to sing. He has a book where you press the button and the tune plays while you sing the song. My brother-in-law was impressed that he sings the songs and (he says) in tune! I'll have to try and get it on video...it brings a tear to my eye because he sounds so angelic singing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jen,

I know what you mean about all the poop. I had a day like that last week and it was completely defined by poop, poop, non-stop poop. I was like, "Wow, this is what life has come to huh?" Anyway, I'm happy to report that things got a lot better the next couple days.

Good luck!
Ann

September 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ali Jane is still the same way with drop offs... (sigh) but fine when she gets there- Sorry about all the poop! I still can't imagine three in diapers at once- and actually you had four for a while right?? WOW!! You amaze me! Kyle is adorable! Such a fun age!!
Hugs-
Laura

September 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home