My Sweet Baby Kyle

Kyle looking adorable (my mom had to trick him to get this smile, but it worked!)
I can't believe my sweet baby boy is now three years old. We had his three year check up this week and he's doing great. He wasn't so sure about going to the doctor himself (although he hyped it to the babies the day before!) but warmed up and wouldn't stop acting goofy when the doctor came in! He's meeting all of the milestones of a typical three year old and his favorite thing to do these days is to identify letters he sees on things (i.e. signs, paper, crackers, etc).
Here's the latest stats:
Weight: 29.5 lbs
Height: 38" tall
He's pretty much potty trained and wears big boy pants all day with no accidents for the past two weeks! He is very smart though and figured out that he doesn't have to poop on the potty because he can do it in his diaper when he wakes up in the morning and after his nap! He'll say, "do I have big boy pants on?" before he does it. I'll have to outsmart him and tell him that he's going to go to sleep in his big boy pants.
Kyle starts preschool on September 10th. I'm excited for him to go but I'm sure it will be a difficult transition as he's very shy/timid. It will be great for him though and we're really hyping it :-)
He's still an amazing big brother. It's really cute watching him with the babies. He seems to change "favorites", as Ryan has now earned the top spot. He wants him to sit next to him in the car, play with his toys, give him Cheerios, etc. I think it's because Ryan is the most interactive and thinks Kyle is very funny :-) Now that they are all crawling, they're starting to get into Kyle's toys which is always interesting. We're learning what Kyle's favorites are because that's when he gets mad at the babies for getting into them!
I'm bummed that summer is coming to an end because Kyle LOVES to play outside. He could play kickball and hit the baseballs all day long. He loves to play outside with his papa :-) He can actually hit line drives (see attached video hitting with daddy)!
He continues to say some funny things! Yesterday he said to Ed and I, "I think Jack should be Brooke's boyfriend!". You wonder where they come up with these things!?!?
And since we laughed about him calling Ed "Mr. Bossy" the other day, he thought it would be cute if, while I was telling him it was time to brush his teeth the other night, "Ok, Ms. Bossy!". At least he put a Ms. in front of it. Such good manners :-)

4 Comments:
Holy cow! I didn't know 3 year olds could hit a ball like that.
Yeah for Kyle!
Nothing like watching the boys play baseball!! And Ed was even pitching overhand - I'm impressed!!!
good luck to Kyle on his first day of school....how exciting! (Jen, I've heard big sunglasses are key if you think you might be crying!) katy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home