The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Ten Month Birthday Babies!











Pictures:
* Three big, happy babies! (L-R: Brooke, Jack, Ryan)
* Some serious faces
* Ryan and Kyle playing...Kyle is SUCH A GREAT big brother!
Time sure is flying! The babies are ten months old today and it feels like just yesterday that they came home from the hospital. They are growing and changing every day now which makes life fun around here. Here's a few tidbits:
Ryan
* He's crawling around (some army crawl, some all fours) like crazy.
* He can pull himself up and walk along anything, including his patient, big brother. Just this week he's figured out that he can fall back on his butt to sit down...and then he's off again!
* Eating anything and everything we put in front of him. Never fails though, as soon as I set his sippy cup on his tray, he grabs the handle and throws it off...like clockwork.
* Since he is the one who's pulling up on the tables, crawling under them, etc he now has the most bumps and bruises on his face these days. We need to wrap his poor head in bubble wrap :-)
Brooke
* She can now officially get from one end of the room to the other, crawling. Well, her version of crawling these days is the inchworm. I actually placed the babies at one end of the room and videotaped them crawling towards me. It was so funny because they all got there but in such different ways!
* She's still loves to talk up a storm and is so graceful with her hands. My mom pointed out that she usually has a finger pointing out. I said she's practicing for when she's a little older and is bossing around all of her brothers!
* Brooke eats everything too. When you get to her at meal time, her mouth is ALWAYS open, ready for the next bite, just like a hungry little baby bird!
Jack
* Still the screamer (his version of crying). He's a pretty happy baby but you know when he's mad or wants something.
* Jack is the steamroller, not afraid to crawl over anything and everything; usually his brother or sister.
* He will come from across the room if he sees a pacifier in someones mouth. It's not that he really likes them, he just likes to yank it out of their mouth (usually Brooke!) and play with it. He has a thing for Brooke's barrettes too.
* Fortunately he's a great eater too. None of them have not liked anything, thank goodness!
A few recent funnies:
* My mom, the babies and I went to my co-worker, Shelley's kids birthday party yesterday while Kyle went with my dad and Ed to the Tigers game (and fireworks). At the party we got an amazing carmel, chocolate covered apple (SO good!). When Kyle got home and I gave it to him, and he said, "wow mom, that looks deyishious!"
* Yesterday, I went into the other room for something and I came back to see Brooke chewing on something, with what looked like crumbs on her face. I did a quick sweep of her mouth and found what looked like a cookie or biscuit. Turned out Kyle had given Macey a Milkbone dog bone and a piece of it landed near Brooke and she thought she should give it a try. I guess she liked it because she screamed when I took it out of her mouth :-)
* Mom was holding Brooke and I was holding Jack last night and Kyle was running around playing. He came up to see Brooke and said to her in his sweet baby voice, "Brooke, you're my favorite! Not you Jack!" Who knew he would get that concept already!?
* Ryan was trying to pull himself up on Kyle today (in the picture above) and Kyle was so good about it. It was really cute because they were both laughing and playing together, interacting like this for the first time. My heart melted.
I can't wait to celebrate their first birthdays. It will be here before we know it! Time flies when you're having fun :-) Or just so busy you don't know which end is up!?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Kyle looks like such a tolerant older sibling - how lucky that he is! And what a tough age for him to be experiencing all this. I was just thinking the other day about 1 year coming up soon!!! WOW! Congrats again on your wonderful, wonderful life!

August 10, 2009 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

You really need to post that video of the babies swarming you!

August 10, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home