Go Cubs Go!





Pictures:
* "Big" breakfast before Kyle's first day of preschool
* Kyle with mommy & daddy on his first day of preschool. He's not so sure about it...
* Five kids in a bathroom!?!? Logan babies with cousin Logan :-)
* Ed & Kyle in front of the "red sign"
* Cubs WIN! The boys singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
Our chaotic life continues. After our Labor Day weekend in Champaign, I traveled to Chicago for work on Wednesday. I got home at 1 am on Thursday (to hear Brooke crying, which we were then up for two hours...teething sucks!). I had to get home because Kyle started preschool on Thursday. Ed and I took him to Big Boy for breakfast. This is usually something he enjoys with Ama and Papa but we took the time to do it with him and he loved it! He was excited about going to preschool...until we got there. He said, "I just want to stay for one minute, then we should go!" Needless to say I felt HORRIBLE leaving him there! He was the only one who cried :-( Thank goodness Mrs. C is so wonderful and she sat him in her lap during circle time and he stopped crying shortly after. When I picked him up he said he had a great time and that he made me a picture! Hopefully the crying will subside soon...
Later in the day on Thursday, Ed, Kyle and I left for Chicago to take Kyle to his first Cubs game. We had a WONDERFUL time spending one-on-one time with him. After our long car ride, we were getting close to the hotel and Kyle said, "hey, I think we need some exercise. When we get to our hotaaael, we should go for a walk!" A walk downtown and some Chicago style pizza...does it get any better than that!?
The Cubs game was great...80 degrees and a Cubs win! Kyle and Ed sing a lot of baseball songs together (Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Go Cubs Go, Hey Hey Cubs song) so he was so excited to sing them live! We got home LATE on Friday night so Cheryl kept the babies for a second night and we picked them up on Saturday morning (isn't she the best?!).
I actually saw the babies for about an hour on Saturday morning before Ed and I headed to tailgate prior to the Michigan/Notre Dame game. We tailgated with friends - some in from out of town - and had a great time. What a weekend! A Cubs win followed by a big Michigan win!
Sunday we had brunch with friends in the morning (out of town friends who wanted to see the kids) then attended our neighborhood picnic. Needless to say, I collapsed on Sunday night, only to be woken up by Brooke soon after for another three plus hours. Will teething EVER end?!?! And she still doesn't even have her first tooth!
Ok, off to bed. Good night!

2 Comments:
So glad Kyle survived his first day, and you could be there for it. Although it would have been much easier for you to wait for him and Ed in Chicago! You are SuperMom!!!
- Jodi
FUN!!!! I love it! Joe learned "Take me out to the ballgame" on the piano- fun stuff!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home