The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Three of a kind

Monday was a crazy day. I was working and on the phone with my co-worker. Cheryl (our daycare lady) called on the other line and I answered (thank GOD). She told me that she just called 911, everything was ok now but she wanted me to come over. As you can imagine, I was at her house in seconds, even beating the ambulance there. Brooke had just finished eatting her rice cereal and Cheryl walked into the kitchen to get Jack's bottle. She came back to find Brooke choking and gagging. Long story short, she got her out of her seat as she had turned blue and tried to get her to cough and she finally did. After her daughter called 911, Brooke started crying and was ok, however, they still wanted to come and make sure she was fine. They showed up soon after, along with fire rescue! It sure did create a scene on the block :-) I'm so glad that Cheryl reacted how she did and everything turned out ok. It just makes me realize that due to Brooke's TEF surgery (at birth) we need to be very careful about what she eats. I don't think there will be hot dogs in Brooke's future anytime soon!

Today was the babies nine month appointment. Everyone is doing great! My parents went with me to the appointment and we all carried in a baby as it was easier than putting the stroller together. All of the ladies in the office couldn't believe that we were already there for their nine month check-up. Time definitely flies!

It's truly amazing. The babies all weigh the exact same!?!? I'm sure that won't ever happen again! Crazy how one size can come in so many different shapes :-) Here's the latest:

Ryan
Weight: 17 lbs 1o oz (8th percentile)
Height: 28.5" (59th percentile)
Head: 17.87 in (52nd percentile)
* Is starting to master his army crawling. He's not such a fan of the wood floors though!
* He's getting a little jealous. When you're holding someone, he will crawl over and crawl up on you. They are all figuring this out...that's going to get tricky!

Brooke
Weight: 17 lbs 10 oz (27th percentile)
Height: 27.5" (41st percentile)
Head: 17.99 in (90th percentile)
* She is starting to roll around to get where she wants to go. I'm not sure if this is going to be her solution for moving but she's my last one to leave on my bed. Not for long!
* Brooke's bottom teeth are ready to break through soon. Here's hoping it's a painless one!

Jack
Weight: 17 lbs 10 oz (8th percentile)
Height: 28.4" (55th percentile)
Head: 17.24 in (11th percentile)
* Jack is starting to figure out how to crawl on all fours (did it briefly yesterday and today). He pulled himself up on to his knees and found Macey's dog bowl (thank goodness it was empty). I'm sure the water bowl will be next...poor Macey.
* Jack's top and bottom teeth are ready to break through too.

I had to schedule their one year appointment. Yikes, time to start planning a party!

5 Comments:

Blogger MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

Jen, that's crazy that they all weight the same. I'm sure that won't happen again. Thanks again for coming to our party. It meant so much to me that all the triplet mom's came. The rest of this month is really busy for me, but we need to set something up for August to get everyone together.

Jill

July 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How scary for you and Cheryl! Glad everything turned out okay. I'm confused how they can be the same weight but different percentiles?

- Jodi

July 15, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. How scary. Good thing you live so close. Glad to hear they're in such good hands!!!
Julie

July 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,
Wow! I'm glad Brooke is OK. Choking incidents are so frightening. We've had a few ourselves and it definitely shakes you up.

The kids look amazing. Good luck b-day planning (We just did our first double party for Aiden and Connor and it worked out great.)

Take it easy!
Ann

July 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hi Jen,
How scary re: Brooke! Your babysitter sounds great though and I'm so glad she's ok. It was so nice to finally meet the babies in person this past weekend. They are adorable, and I had to laugh as we were all frantically taking pics of all the babies together - your 3 were sitting there just smiling up at you the whole time (while my 3 were turning beet red from screaming). Now I know how you get those awsome pics of all 3 smiling and looking at the camera at the same time. :)
Have a relaxing weekend!
Krista

July 16, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home