Kyle's 3rd birthday/baby milestones
* Kyle, Ed and I celebrating his 3rd birthday
* Kyle with his cool baseball pinata
* Great Grandma with Jack, Brooke & Ryan (they hardly fit on the chair anymore!)
* Brooke in my mom's dress from when she was little. Mom had several of them; all in amazing shape for being 60 years old and Brooke looked so cute in them :-)
It's been a BUSY two weeks and I haven't had time (or energy) to blog. I've traveled the past two weeks (both were two night trips). Thank goodness for my parents and Pauline, our mothers helper. There's a lot to update so I'll try to remember it all and fit it into one, long post.
Kyle celebrated his 3rd birthday last weekend. It's so hard to believe that he's already three years old. Some days I feel like he's still my little baby and others he seems so grown up and mature. He's such a big boy these days. We don't go to the doctor for his three year check-up until mid-August but my skinny boy currently weighs 29 lbs and is rather tall. Thank goodness for adjustable waist shorts/pants :-) He's such a sweet, shy little guy. It's amazing how he can be so wild, crazy and talkative at home, then so shy and timid when we're out. We put him in a two day preschool program starting in the Fall which should be good for him.
He had a great time at his birthday party. His party was on Saturday and then his birthday was on Sunday. We had one of his friends birthday party attend on Sunday, but she came to his party on her birthday so it was only fair :-) It was a party weekend! Ed's dad and brother came into town for the weekend so it was a busy one. Unlike last year when Ed was down with a kidney stone, I was HUGELY pregnant and it was raining on the day of his party, this year was great. We had a pinata this year and the kids did well with it but it will be awhile before they can actually bust it open! I had to help a little. A good time was had by all.
The babies are still growing and changing like crazy! Here are the latest updates:
Ryan
* He can now pull himself up to a standing position...yikes!? He's now pulled himself up on the exersaucer, the toy box and the gate. I bet he'll be our first walker (toothless, but walking - no sign of a tooth anytime soon!).
Brooke
* She's crawling! She started crawling on Sunday, Kyle's birthday :-) She doesn't really move too fast but can inchworm her way along the floor.
Jack
* Our first tooth has appeared! He got his first tooth yesterday, July 29th (mine and Ed's 14th wedding anniversary!). That may be why he's been crabby getting to sleep lately. Let's hope this changes soon!
Kyle is saying a lot of funny things lately. The one thing that he's doing is calling me mom, not mommy. It kind of makes me sad because it makes me realize how much he's growing up. He'll say, "hey, mom..." when he wants something.
We're really working on the potty training thing this week. He knows most of the time when he has to go but just hasn't been interested in doing it on a consistent basis. He's doing great but still isn't a fan of sitting on the potty. He'll be playing and stop to ask, "hey mom, do I have big boy pants on?"...so cute. We've had a few accidents (some that make him cry/scream) but we're making progress. This is by far the hardest thing to-date.
I need to start writing down some of the cute things he says, my memory is too short!


Pictures:
5 Comments:
Kyle sounds just like Joey! At almost 6 he is only 38 pounds- but I am happy that he is starting to break out (a little) of his shyness around others- I can't wait to see you guys!!!! It is going to be a blast! YEAH!!!!!
Hugs-
Laura
Happy belated birthday, Kyle!
Sounds like Kyle had a fun party, and so great that there were 3 new little guests this year!
- Jodi
Oh man, I thought there were going to be some great Kylisms on this post. I'm disappointed!!! ;-P Happy Birthday Kyle!
Happy belated birthday to Kyle! Hope you guys are surviving this hot weekend.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home