The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The past few weeks...




























Pictures:
* Captain Underpants (well, really his big brother's). Kyle thought it would be funny to put them on Jack's head...and he didn't mind?!?!
* Kyle, Uncle Sam and Papa Logan celebrating Kyle's birthday
* Ryan and Jack in their cribs. This is how I find them every morning these days...
* My girlfriend, Laura Edell's boys with my crew...aren't they beautiful boys?!
* Mom and dad with the kids, enjoying a boat ride
* Kyle and I jet skiing. My timid little boy actually liked it and went out twice!
* Brooke driving the boat (with nana Mary)
* Laura Doran looking adorable with her cute belly (seven months prego with her fourth!)

My traveling has now subsided for the next month after three straight weeks of being away for 2-3 days/week. It's amazing how life doesn't stop, it just passes you by!

My cousin Lynette and her kids, Jenna and Bradley came down with my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Denny to babysit the kids while Ed and I went out to dinner (alone!) to celebrate our 14th anniversary. We had a great dinner followed by a trip to Costco, Target and Babies R Us. My how our life has changed over the past 14 years :-) We did have a wonderful time, as did the crew at our house! Then on Saturday, one of my best friends came into town from Chicago with her family. Laura, Joe and their three adorable boys were here and we grilled out and chased babies. It was so great to see them.

Mom and dad returned from Connecticut (visiting Brian/Elena/baby "yaya") in time to help Ed with the babies while I went out of town yet again (THANK GOD! - that they were here to help, that is!). Ed's getting a lot of quality time with his in-laws...who knew he'd love it so much!? Our nanny, Cheryl is gone for two weeks so we're all filling in. My day off was Friday, so we went to the Drapal's house for the day with Bob/Mary and their daughter Laura/Jeff/Joey/Alli/Zach. We had a great time enjoying the beach, jet skis, lunch on the pontoon and enjoying the good company! Kyle had a great day and said several times, "I like it at Bob's house!" I couldn't believe that he actually went jet skiing *twice*!
A few funnies from Kyle recently:
* While walking home from Cheryl's last week, we saw a small white dog. Kyle said, "when Macey was little, she was in your tummy!" hmmm...I had to explain to him that she had a doggy mommy and then he asked if Ed was Macey's daddy? Too funny, I guess it's preparing me for all of "the talks" that must happen years from now. Hopefully many years from now, I'm not ready for that!
* Kyle was with my parents last week and out of the blue, he said, "I like my teeth doctor I want to go see her again." Teeth doctor...priceless.

Kyle is "mastering" potty training. It's been two weeks and he's doing great. A few accidents along the way but dinner mints are doing the trick as rewards :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

So great seeing you- and I love that you are updating 'the past few weeks'- I'm trying to get there but going little by little... feel like I'll be having a new blog nightly with the craziness of the last couple weeks!!
Hugs-
Laura
(ps. There will be a blog about the Lake with the Logans soon... ;-)

August 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home