We got to hold Brooke!

Big day for Ed and I. We were able to hold Brooke again, only the second time since she was born! The surgeon team came around and decided to take out her breathing tube (again!)...what a trooper she has been. Once that was out she was able to breathe on her own without nasal air so nurse Diane (love how great she was with Brooke - and so sweet!) said we could hold her. It was like spaghetti getting her out with all the IV line connections but we managed...and it was one of the best hours for me just to hold her and look at her, like I've done so much with the boys. Ed arrived after work and was able to hold her too...what a great way to end the week. Her procedure to determine if there are any leaks in surgically repaired esophogus/stomach is scheduled for Monday now. If Jack comes home tomorrow we'll have our first scheduling conflict as he will have to go to the pediatrican. I'm sure it's the first of many conflicts when mommy wants to be two places at once.
The boys are doing great too. Jack will most likely be coming home tomorrow and Ryan should soon follow! I gave Jack my first bath today (not much different than with Kyle, just a lot smaller parts :-). We're looking forward to the whole family being together. Have a wonderful weekend...I know we will!

1 Comments:
I have to say that this picture of Brooke looks just like Jennifer. Wow she is so beautiful.
Gina
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home