The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Last Few Days...





























Pictures!!!!

* Angelic Brooke
* Ryan with no hat and eyes open!
* Jack napping with daddy
* Mommy with her little boys
* Kyle visiting today with Ryan (kitty gave Ryan lots of kisses!)
* Great Grandma with Jack


This will be a quick update because it's been a long day and I need some sleep :-) Things are going well with the Logan clan. I had my staples removed yesterday (amazing, five days after surgery?!?!) and I'm feeling better each day. Drugs are still my friend, just a little more sparingly. I feel like I'm a pumping machine but know that it's the least I can do for these amazing babies. We're getting down a routine with our daily trips to the hospital. Kyle has been up to see the babies several times and is doing quite well. I'm sure the adjustment will really begin when they start to come home. It's interesting, he'll be talking about something, then all of a sudden say "two brothers and a sister" or something about the babies. This morning he woke up and told my mom about Brooke. We're trying to keep his routine in place so everything isn't upside down for him...so far, so good.


Now for everyones updates:


Ryan

* The competition has begun. He is catching up to Jack on the feeding front. Today he took all of his feedings completely by bottle. This is great progress and makes him one step closer to going home.

* Yesterday they put his bed hood up (which is normally closed to maintain body temperature) because he was holding his own. Today, however, they had to put it back down because the poor guy needs some more meat on his bones to continuously maintain his temp. He always looks so cozy when he's bundled up!

* Ryan was a hit yesterday when the docs were doing their rounds. The nurse held him up to listen to his daily update and he was wide awake and watching everyone. There were a lot of "awwws!!!!" from the group. He might be our little show off :-)


Brooke

* Sweet Brookie is hanging in there. Mom took the picture above yesterday. She just looks so angelic and peaceful! I'll have to pull this picture out in a few years when she's going through terrible twos :-)

* Today I came in and noticed that she was working harder to breathe. I spoke with the nurses and they decided to call the surgeon team to come look at her. After evaluating her and her discomfort, they decided to put her breathing tube back in. This was disappointing to me and I finally had a breakdown. I know the "two steps forward, one step back" rule with preemies but just feel like the poor thing has been through so much already. Ed and I went down to have dinner (we couldn't bear to watch them intubate her) and came back to find her resting comfortably. Nurse Sandi was very sweet and said everything went great (have I said what a trooper Brooke is?!?!) and she looked so much more relaxed. This made us feel much better.

* Her procedure to test her esphogeal tube will be on Friday at 10 am. Please continue to say prayers!

* We've only been able to hold her for ten minutes each on Friday prior to her surgery and can't WAIT to get our hands on her! Hopefully if everything goes well on Friday we'll get to fight over her then to make up for lost time :-)


Jack

* Our big guy is doing great. He's eating most of his feedings out of the bottle. Sometimes he'll poop out and fall asleep so we finish with the nasal tube. Rough life...sleep and fed directly into your stomach! They have to do the majority of their feedings by bottle before they can come home.

* He's starting to outgrow his little hat...maybe he's getting a big head already with all the comments on how cute the Logan babies are :-) I'm sure Ed has already starting looking for preemie Cubs hats!

* Jack nursed again yesterday and did better than the first day. I'm very excited although it's a lot of work for him to do it so he's then tired for the next few feedings. We're going to keep practicing though!


The Highlights

* Yesterday my Grandma Miller, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Denny came to visit. They passed around Jack and gave lots of kisses. My grandma is their only living great-grandma and we're so excited that she gets to experience this amazing journey with us. When we found out we were having triplets, I'll never forget her comment, "wow, maybe we were all praying TOO hard!". We wouldn't trade them for the world!

* Ed had a busy day at work yesterday so he went up to see them in the evening. He was able to spend quality time all by himself with the babies. He was holding Jack for awhile and nurse Joan surprised him by unhooking Ryan from all of his wires and brought him over to join daddy and Jack. What a great surprise...too bad he didn't have the camera with him, although this will be an every day occurance once they're home :-)

* Today, I was able to "kangaroo" (skin to skin cuddling) with Jack. It was so amazing...we sat in the recliner for over an hour and I rested and just stared at him. He slept through the whole thing...maybe not as exciting for him :-) Nurse Sandi had just fed Ryan and he was so content, she unhooked him and brought him over to join us (the picture is above). I can't wait to have them all home and cuddle with all of them! The smell, the feel, the touch...so amazing.

* They continue to talk about the boys coming home soon. I'm not going to get too excited until they give me a days notice. Just when I get excited, they don't drink all bottles by mouth, etc. We can't wait for the day to come when Ryan, Brooke and Jack are home, safe and sound. Then our new life truly begins...and we don't sleep for a few years!


I'm off to bed for a few hours before the alarm wakes me up to pump...I LOVE MY NEW LIFE!!!!!











1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely, beautiful, blessed family! It warms my heart to hear how well they are doing. I am sure you are grateful that the babies are in such good hands at the hospital while they adjust to life "on the outside." I just can't wait to meet them:)

Shelley

October 16, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home