Day Five...Life Is Good




Pictures above:
Jack sleeping with his yellow hat (his favorite activity!)
Ryan in blue hat doing the same
Brooke relaxing on her back (look at her dark hair!)
Kyle checking out baby brother Jack (Notice someone still believes in the Cubs!)
We'll try to get some more pictures of them with eyes open and no hats soon.
So yesterday I was discharged from the hospital around 1 pm. We spent the morning with the babies then went home to enjoy the amazing weather. It was bittersweet to leave the hospital - I was ready to go home but not so ready to leave the babies. Everyone keeps telling me that I need to heal first so I'll be ready to take care of the babies when they are home soon. This is what gets me through the times when I'm missing them like crazy! We went home and spent the afternoon relaxing and had an amazing steak dinner on the grill (I think we may have found the end of the summer weather). Mom & Dad then stayed with Kyle while we went back to the hospital for the evening. Kyle is very excited about seeing the moon each night so he had a great walk with Ama & Papa...still talking about it this morning.
The nurses in the NICU have been AMAZING so far. It takes a very special person to care for your babies as they do. It's great because we can call them day or night to just check in on the kids which gives us great comfort.
Here are some highlights from the past few days:
Ryan
Weighing in at 3 lb 11 oz (born at 3 lb 13 oz)
* He's now feeding by bottle, trying to keep up with his brother! He has also increased his feeding amount so much, up to 8 oz per day.
* Today he took all bottle feedings, none through his nasal feeding tube. I was able to feed him today for the first time!
* Another first - changed my first Ryan diaper. Very exciting for me...I'm sure the excitement of changing a diaper will wear off soon :-)
* They are very encouraged by his progression to date. He's so alert when he's awake, always looking around to see who's there. Such big eyes too!
* Still Mr. Busybody...he loves to kick his blanket off, move himself down to the lower part of the isolette, etc. Those are some strong (yet very skinny) legs!
Brooke
Don't have her updated weight because she's been on her breathing tube
* Was taken off her breathing tube today so she's one step closer to healing. They will test her surgically repaired esophogus/stomach connection on Friday for leaks. Please continue your prayers for a successful outcome!
* She looks so peaceful, I can't WAIT to hold her again. We've got a lot of bonding time to make up for :-)
* Her hair is the darkest and thickest of the three. She doesn't have anything on her cousin Lila though!
Jack
Weighing in at 4 lb 6 oz (born at 4 lb 5 oz) - he's now gaining weight!
* They increased him to almost 10 oz/day (previously eating 8 oz)
* He was sucking his thumb for the first time while Ed was holding him yesterday - it would have been the cutest picture as his whole hand was covering his face while he was doing it!
* He nursed for the first time today! We did pretty well but it really wore him out because they had to put his nasal feeding line back in tonight because he was out cold before he finished half of his bottle. As the nurse reminded us today, preemies have a lot of "two steps forward, one step back" moments. This is one I can live with...
* I asked Jack's nurse today her opinion on when she thought Jack might come home. She thought it could be as early as THIS FRIDAY or sometime early next week. Wow, reality is starting to set in :-)
* Mom held the boys for the first time today. She looked like an ol' pro :-)
That's it for my updates today. I must head to bed and enjoy my sleep while I can! I'll try to keep everyone updated as often as possible. I apologize if I haven't called/written you back...my new life has shown me that it's hard to keep up with everything. Even though your a close second in the ranks, the babies are first :-)

11 Comments:
Ohhhhhh myyyyy goshhhhhhh! What beauuuutiful babies! You guys have been so very blessed. Thank you for the update and the beautiful pictures. It is so good to hear that they are all doing well and eating and sleeping ;o) I can't get over how much Jack looks like you Jen! I hope you are feeling better each day and that the babies will soon come home to you. In the meantime, we will continue our good thoughts and prayers. Congrats again!!!
Love,
Dan, Monica, and Avery
Jen,
I'm so impressed that you have been able to keep us this updated, and with photos, too! And I'm glad to see that you keep upbeat and positive, even though I'm sure you are absolutely pooped! Keep it up. We're on the lookout for the homecoming. :)
Julie Paquette
They are beautiful!! I'm so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well! And I can't believe you still have time to update your blog - you are good :) I love checking in on all 6 of you! You will all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Bree, Sean and Grant
We LOVE reading your updates and hearing the wonderful news that everyone is doing so well! Their pictures are soooo adorable ~ and so is Kyle sporting his Cubs hat! You guys are amazing, remember we are all here cheering you on each day : )
Love,
Karen, Dan, Hailey & Nathan
Wow Jen! What four fabulous miracles you now have! I just know how happy you both must be! What a beautiful family you have. Kyle looks and sounds so happy to be a big big big brother! My prayers will be with all of you until the babies come home! Lots of Love, Shantelle and Jim
Look at those gorgeous babies! Jen, you did SUCH A GREAT JOB keeping those little peanuts in there for so long. They are perfect. Enjoy every chaotic second with them! - Laura Caruso
Jen, You are amazing! Seeing the pictures of everyone brings tears to my eyes! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! See you soon! Jen from the hood
It is nice to hear about the babies and see thier pictures and feel you excitement, emotions, concerns, and everything that you must be going through at this time. its just great to follow along. the first time i have seen the kids is tonight. they look great. they look like full grown babies to me! we're always thinking of you and supporting you all. i know that you'll do well. i dont know when ill get up there right now for a visit but it will be soon. Love you, -Dad
So BEAUTIFUL!! Just wanted to include Ed and give him a "shout out" as well. Jill B.
What beautiful pictures. I'm so happy you're getting to hold them, care for them. Can't wait to see them come home!!
Love,
Monica
Hi, my name is Jason Myers, I met your parents yesterday at the coffee stand at UM Hospital while I was taking one of my triplets in for a follow up. Looks like you guys are doing great! You are very blessed to have made it as far in your pregnancy as you did. Let us know if you ever want someone else to talk to, I understand you are going to be part of the group that Susie Treber heads up which is a ton of fun. Once the hospital is behind you, it's nothing but good times.
www.myerstriplets.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home