Finally, an update w/ pics!
Brooke (pink hat - imagine that!)
Ryan (blue hat)
Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in an update, life is a little crazier these days :-) Where to start...
Thursday (after babies arrived)/Friday
After babies arrived, while still in the OR, the anesthesologists were monitoring my heart rate and it had increased drastically and was not responding to the medication they were giving me. They decided to try another drug which caused me to spend the night in the cardiac care unit due to an atrial fibulation (sp?). After a CT scan and a multitude of other tests, they still aren't sure why this happened but they finally released me back to labor and delivery (THANK GOD - I didn't fit in with the old people over there!) Friday afternoon. It took some serious threats to get me released from there as we found out that Brooke was going to have to have surgery! They had tried several times to put a feeding tube down her throat and there seemed to be a blockage. After x-ray and ultrasound it was determined that she had TEF (Tracheosophageal Fistula). This is somewhat common in babies (1 in 4,000) and is an abnormal connection between the trachea and esophagus; in other words the esophagus is supposed to be connected to the stomach, and it wasn't. They were able to get her into surgery right away on late Friday afternoon. The surgery was successful (it took 3-4 hours) and she was resting in a drug induced haze that evening.
Saturday
After a couple of visits to the NICU during the night, everyone is happy :-) Kyle came up to meet his brothers and sister today. He was so cute...he brought each of them a card he made with Miss Cheryl and Nicole. The nurses had a step-stool for him to see into the isolettes. It was interesting to watch him examine his new siblings...paying close attention to their faces, feet and most importantly, his own picture that's in each of their beds ("oh look at dat, that's Kyle!"). After we met each baby, we went to have lunch. Shortly after returning to my room he wanted to go back and see the babies again! If only the adjustment continues to go so smoothly! He was telling everyone he saw in the hallway that he saw Jack, Brooke and Ryan! I'll post his pictures with the babies later.
Jack (the big man)
He is doing well, eating from a bottle! Today they increased him to 8 oz a day and he's sleeping comfortably in between. He's losing a little weight but within normal range. He hasn't needed supportive oxygen at all. As you'll see from the pictures, he has his big brothers hair and ears and the lightest hair. The jury is still out on who he looks like!
Brooke (the fighter)
She is still sedated for comfort and from pulling out her many tubes. She is on a ventilator until tomorrow morning as they've had to adjust her drainage tube (in her side, under her armpit) in her incision, which can be uncomfortable. Brooke has the darkest hair of them all and hers is rather soft. Her skin is silky smooth...so sweet. Fortunately Ed and I were able to hold her before she went into surgery as I won't be able to for several days!
Ryan (the mover & shaker)
He's finally free from the bottom of the pile and is making up for lost time! He likes to flip, squirm, roll over, etc. He's being tube fed and taking smaller amounts - he's eating 4 oz per day. He's sucking on a pacifier so that's step one! Ryan hasn't needed oxygen either. His hair is thinner and softer than Jacks. He's a cutie too! Ed had to laugh yesterday as Ryan sneezed about five times in a row...at least he got something from his mommy!
That's it in a nutshell for the last few days. Needless to say, time has flown! I'm being released tomorrow but this will be our home away from home for the next month or so. We're not sure how long everyone will be here yet but we'll take it day by day. These are the first of many pictures. My mom won't disappoint - she'll have to get a new computer to store all the new grand children's pictures :-)
Thanks again for all of the good wishes, comments, thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming...I love to hear all of your comments as they lift our spirits.
Love,
Jen, Ed, Kyle, Ryan, Brooke and Jack (wow, that's a mouthful but so fun to say!)

19 Comments:
I'm so glad to have a detailed update from you- I have been watching the blog diligently for updates every few hours:) I'm so glad that everyone is doing well. I still can't believe that your beautiful little ones are here! I just can't wait to meet them! Good luck on your release tomorrow-I'm sure it will be bittersweet:( I hope to talk to you "live" soon!
Shelley
roliskRyan, Brooke and Jack are just precious. I'm so happy for all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Fondly,
Mary(Panera)
roliskRyan, Brooke and Jack are just precious. I'm so happy for all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Fondly,
Mary(Panera)
Jen,
I've never posted on a blog site before. It had me type letters that were in a box before it would post my message to you. Those letters were rolisk. Little did I know that they would become the first word of my message to you.
Mary
Your babies are beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures- they were so fun to see :) Congratulations on your new crew!!
Lots of Love,
Amy Garcia
Logan family....glad the 3 new fam. members are doing well. Holden Unit was fabulous to us when we were there and I'm sure it will be the same for you. The babies look wonderful! I can't wait to meet them. Hope to see you soon!
Lisa Gallmore
Oh, they are so beautiful !! And is that Miller I see in Jack's little sweet face ??
Your joy and pride must be overwhelming.
Prayers are still coming your way, for Jack, Brooke, and Ryan - all of you.
Take care of you !!
Nancy
Was waiting patiently for pics of the three little angels and it was so worth the wait. You and Ed are truly blessed. So sorry to hear that you ended up in ICU but glad to hear it was only for 1 night. See Brooke knew she had to be tough to stand up to all her brothers so it's no wonder she made it through her little ordeal just fine. I'm sure it's smoother days for her now that that's behind her. Praying that it won't take long before the family is altogether at home. Hope we can connect soon. Diane and Fred
OMG - You have the most beautiful babies! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well - mommy included. Try to make sure you get some recovery time as well. I know it will be hard to leave those precious little ones at the hospital, but chin up, and take it from someone that knows, you will have your house and hands full at home soon enough.
Lynne
Logan Family-
My Aunt (Diane H.) has been keeping me updated on your story & progress for the last few months. I am so happy for you & your new extended family. Many happy & healthy years to come - you all deserve it.
-Kristen
Jen, Ed, Kyle, Ryan, Brooke and Jack, WOW seems unreal to say all the names!!! We have so eagerly awaited updates about the babies and Jen from Great Grandma. We continue to pray for the safe homecoming of Jen and the babies. The kids are so excited and are telling anyone who will listen(especially Brad) about their 3 new cousins. We have also asked family and friends to continue to pray for you all as well. What else can we say except--job well done Jen. You were so amazing throughout your tough pregnancy and did it with such grace. You and Ed are also amazing parents. You will get through whatever comes your way in the future. Remember we are here for you all and if you need anything just call. Lots of Love and Prayers--Lynette, Ted, Julia, Jenna, and Bradley
Jen & Ed,
Congratulations on your beautiful family! Glad everything went as well as it did. Let us know how we can lend a hand!
Julie & Jason Paquette
Thanks so much for the update! The babies are absolutely beautiful, as I knew they would be (they have great genes)! I am so relieved to hear that everyone is doing well and I will continue to send good thoughts and prayers so that Brooke recovers quickly and the boys continue to grow so well. Jen, I hope you are feeling well and am so glad to hear that you are able to go home so quick ;o) Please keep the pics coming - thanks again ;o)
-Monica, Dan and Avery too
Dear Jen, Ed, Kyle...the pictures are great. What darling little ones they are and already you can see different personalities. We will keep all of you in our prayers, especially little Brooke.
The Poulsens
Such beautiful & handsome little Logan's!!! They are all so perfect, and Jen, I can totally see you in Brooke's face! You guys did a fabulous job. Each day in the NICU is a day closer to them coming home...we're praying for all of you.
Love,
Karen, Dan, Hailey & Nathan
Those are three beautiful babies! Even cuter and sweeter in person. It was so exciting to see them today (and you too - you look great). Congratulations to all of you! We hope that Brooke is all better very soon and hope that Ryan and Jack keep up the good work too. Can't wait to hold and hug the little sweeties and big brother Kyle too.
Love, Jenny, Ron, and Hannah
What sweet little babes! Congratulations!! The first step is over, now the fun begins. Get your rest because when they come home, I'm sure you will want to stay awake all day just to look at their beautiful faces. Keeping you in our prayers.
Julie and Crew
I'm so glad to finally get to see their pics!! We are so happy for u and ur fam! I can only imagine the hugeness of all ur going thru and not being able to take ur babies home yet. U sound like ur in wonderful spirits though and that is good. U are a strong mama :) Big Hugs to all!! Patricia
AHH!!! Thank you for the photos! Jen, little Brooke looks just like you! I'm happy to hear that you are out of the cardiac unit and that Brooke is doing well. You try to take it easy and get lots of rest while all the nurses are taking great care of your three beautiful babies! They will be home soon I'm sure! Love to all of you! See you in November!
The Kacanowski's
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home