Happy One Week Birthday Babies!
Wow, time sure does fly when you're having fun :-) It's hard to believe that the triplets are already one week old. So much has happened in such a short time. Just a few quick updates today because mommy is TIRED! I think all of the excitement is catching up with me so here are some highlights/updates for the day:
* Brookie will not have her test done tomorrow as expected. The surgeons decided to move the procedure to Monday. She's doing great but they want to keep the breathing tube in until tomorrow morning and they didn't want to stress her system by doing the test after they took out the tube. She also has some air in her lungs that they are getting out. She looked SO much more comfortable today than yesterday, which makes me feel better.
* Jack might be coming home on Saturday! He's doing well, gaining weight, drinking all by bottle and is maintaining his temperature. He got his nasal feeding tube out today (was used as a back up if he pooped out drinking his bottle). However, if there's one thing I've learned it's that everything happens A LOT slower than you plan them to when you're in the hospital! Either way, we're ready and waiting for his homecoming. I'm sure I'll have him sleeping twelve hours just in time for his brother to come home :-) Ha, ha...a girl can dream!
* Ryan and I got to "kangaroo" today. We had a long, luxurious hour long nap. I then got to feed him and change his diaper. Almost like practice for when he comes home! He's not too far behind Jack, just has to maintain his body temperature and get his nasal feeding tube (back-up) out, which would hopefully be tomorrow as he's doing most of his feedings completely by bottle. They said today that the side of the room that Brooke and Ryan are on is a little cooler than Jack's side, so when Jack leaves they will move him into his spot and he should be home in no time!
* Kyle is doing great. He stayed at my parents last night as we didn't have the energy to pick him up last night after a long day/night at the hospital. He sure didn't mind though as he LOVES being at Ama and Papa's house. They are always finding fun things to do. He now wants to carry an apple everywhere, along with his kitty cat. Too funny. We had dinner at mom and dads tonight before heading home.
Just a few other notes/thoughts (I have lots of time to think these days as I'm pumping my life away!)
* Kyle weighed 6 lb 12 oz when he was born...the triplets combined weighed 12 lbs 6 oz. My belly was big but come on, that's A LOT of babies!!!!!!
* The total length of the babies was 50 inches. The last I measured my belly, I was 49.5 inches around. Therefore, I could have wrapped the babies end to end around my stomach!
* The irony of having triplets. My parents went down for coffee on Tuesday afternoon and met a nice gentleman in line who had a toddler in a stroller. They started talking and he told them that his little guy was a triplet! He was kind enough to give my parents his contact information. It turns out I have seen their website (the Myers) before via another triplet mom that I was introduced to (the Doods). AND they belong to the High Order Multiples group (HOMMIES) that I am interested in. It definitely is a small world! I'm so excited to have a lot of veterans to pick their brains! Imagine those play dates :-) And each have two boys, one girl!
* Finally, I have to give a shout out to my girlfriend Samantha for pushing me to set up a blog. I was intimidated by it but overwhelmed with kind, caring e-mails when I went into the hospital. This is a great way to keep in touch with everyone and share our "exciting life" with you.
That's all for tonight. I'm off to bed! Thanks again for all of the comments on the blog. We really look forward to reading them and seeing who's reading the blog!
Love,
Jen

13 Comments:
Jen, Ed, Kyle, Jack, Brooke and Ryan,
As always it is wonderful to read and hear updates via Great Grandma and the blog. We are so excited to hear of the babies progress and look foreward to hearing and seeing more. We continue to pray for the safe homecoming of all. Just remember Jen and Ed, do not get discouraged about any little set backs--these babies are strong--heck they come from good genes. They will continue to get stronger every day and before you know it all three will be home. Then you will look back and not believe how fast it all went. Savor each moment while they are still tiny and sleep for most of the time--before long they will be bigger and busier!!!! Can't wait to meet these 3 awesome little miracles in person and hear all about them from Kyle's perspective. Keep up the great updates--we all love to read about everyones progress. You amaze me Jen how you still make time for these "short" updates that really arn't short--ha ha. Hugs, Kisses and God's blessings to all--Love ya, Lynette, Ted, Julia, Jenna and Bradley
Dear Jen, Ed, Kyle, Jack, Brooke and Ryan-
I can't tell you how happy we are for you guys! What beautiful children you have. It's wonderful to read about everyone's progress and health. We keep you all in our prayers.
Much love,
Adrienne, Dan, Allan, Scott and a little Lane to come in April :)
Yay Jen!~ We are praying for the safe homecoming for all three of your peanuts. So glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. Greta Myers is a good friend of mine and a WONDERFUL person!! She helped me throughout my pregnancy, she is very inspirational. Keep up your good attitude and try to get some rest! We are here for you should you need anything at all.
Paul, Kristin, Aidan, Brooklyn, Calahan and Daisy Dood
Logan Clan,
My oh my! I am so impressed with your blog Jen and how the triplets are coming along. It truly is a miracle! It is wonderful to hear that they are growing, eating, and thriving. I pray that little Brooke is comfortable and that she can come home really soon to join her brothers ;o) We love reading the blog and hearing how all of you are doing. We miss you terribly and hope to see you soon!
-Monica, Dan, and Avery
Hey Lots a Logans... I am glad to hear everyone is still progressing. I will continue to pray for you all. Jen, keep trying to get that sleep in.
Mike.
Hey Jen,
You look great and the babies are so cute. I hope everyone stays great and healthy. I hope to meet them soon. My last day at Panera is November 5th, so if you plan a trip ever to panera maybe you can e-mail me and I can meet ya up there. My e-mail is ibdeanne@comcast.net. I am sure by the time you go up there baby larry will be born. Well I will talk with ya later. I only have 4 in ahlf weeks left.
Deanne
(from panera)
Congratulations! They are so adorable and you look great! Love the blog....how do you have the time??!!
Caron
Hey Jen,
Keep up the great work. Good for you doing all that pumping. It's tedious for sure (I'm doing it myself these days), but so awesome for the babies. I'm so impressed with your effort and your attitude.
Also, Jack, Ryan and Brooke are looking great. I love seeing the pictures. Good luck with homecoming #1!!!
Take care,
Ann (and Mike, Connor and Aiden)
Hi Jen,
So glad to hear that everyone is doing well. The babies are so precious. You are all so blessed.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Mary
(Panera)
Hi Jen, It was so thoughtful for you to take the time to reach out to us the other day. Know how tight your schedule is. Glad to read that things continue to go well. How great if Jack could come home today. Was be nice to bring them home one afte another as I think it would make the adjustment a bit more easier but I'm sure you'd welcome them all if the circumstances allowed. You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Our love to everyone. Diane & Fred
Jen, Ed, Kyle, Jack, Ryan, and Brooke,
You continue to amaze me cuz!! As Lynette said, you are finding time to keep us all in the loop. Ashleigh loves to write, draw, and talk about our latest family treasures. She was oohing ahhhing at the lastest pictures from your mom this morning. I am anxiously awaiting my turn to see our beautiful Logan miracles. It is amazing how you can tell that Brookie is our girls. Her features just scream delicate little angel. I love Ryan's little puckered baby lips. Jack seems to be rather laid back. He just likes to hang with whoever is holding him. I can't wait to sniff, kiss and cuddle. It seem like such a long time ago for me!! Cherish every moment when they are little. Before long you will have to look back at these photos to remember how little they once were. Time just seems to fly so much faster when you are a parent. Brad and I were discussing how unbelievable it was that Brandon was on his fourth year in elementary school already, and Ashleigh in her second!! We are praying each day for their healthy homecoming. I have decided to suspend my visit this weekend and maybe shoot for next weekend. You deserve an immediate family only homecoming for those beautiful boys, and Brook needs you to be available as well. I know all too well the emotions of bringing home one new baby, let alone three. Your attention belongs elsewere for the time being. Your cousins will have to suck it up and contain themselves for a little longer. Keep up the great work!! We are so proud of all of you!
Love and Prayers,
Brad, Amy, Brandon, and Ashleigh
Jen,Ed,Kyle,Jack,Brooke and Ryan
Good to see that Mom, Dad and their 3 new angels are doing well. I am very much looking forward to meeting my new cousins. Knowing full well that it will a difficult task to get to the front of the holding line when all the Miller Women start drawing straws for first dibs. Oops I almost forgot there 3 babies to go around, won't have to wait that long LOL. Jen I you have been a trooper the last nine months, also great job with the Blog.
Love you all cousin Jeff and Lane
Ed,
I almost forgot to say congrats, on that Big Fighting Illini Victory 2 Saturdays ago at the Big house! I hope you were able to find a little time to enjoy that one! 3 beautiful babies and a big football win all in the space of a week. Life is good LOL!!
P.S hoping that I don't see Michigan get thrashed that bad again for a long time
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home