Ryan's Homecoming!

Ryan came home today! Grandma stayed here with Jack while Ed, Kyle and I went to pick up Ryan. When we got up to the hospital, one of my favorite nurses, Joan, was waiting for me so I could feed Brooke her FIRST bottle!!!! I thought it was so sweet that she waited for me to have the honor. Brooke did so great; she drank 5 cc from a bottle. I thought this was a huge accomplishment as she'd only been fed through an IV and nasal feeding tube (since Monday). The doctors felt she was tolerating the milk so well, they increased her hourly tube feeding ever six hours by another cc and are going to feed her bottles several times a day so she can practice her sucking that she hasn't been able to do too much of since her surgery. This was great news and Joan thinks we may have her home by Halloween! Wow, that would be amazing!!!!!
Ryan was ready to come home. He's definitely a slower eater than Jack (which made our night a LITTLE longer!). It takes him almost an hour to finish his bottle compared to Jack downing his in about 15 minutes! The nurses thought going home might be the way for him to thrive. Last night was our first big test...I guess we passed because we made it through but it was a long one! Ed is still working (my parents have been here each day) so I tried to do as much as I could during the night but it's definitely a two man job! And to think there's one more to come home :-) I'm SO glad that Kyle is such a great sleeper. Nothing has woke him up so far...thank God!
That's all for now, the boys have a pediatrican appointment that I have to get ready for...takes a little longer these days! Attached is a cute picture that mom took of the boys together (Ryan - left, Jack - right). They look so different, amazing! Uncle Brian is here too and he got to see all the babies between here and the hospital. He couldn't believe how little they were...especially when his baby Lila weighs over 14 lbs now!

4 Comments:
Fabulous news! Ryan looks like he's doing a little air guitar and Jack is rockin out with the beat!
Julie P.
WAHOO!! We need to hurry up and have pancakes before Brooke leaves here...
Let me know when we can start Mallory's baby training. :-)
Amazing
Its been a week since I've checked in on the Logan Blog and Wow! What great news on all fronts! I can't wait to hear that Brooke is coming home! God Bless you and your beautiful family! Keep up the great work! Love, Shantelle
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home