Jack's Big Day!
Today was Jack's big day, he got to come home! It was a great day for all of us. We started the day with Kyle's music class, had lunch then went to the hospital to pick up baby Jack. As we've learned throughout our hospital stay, nothing happens as fast as you'd like it to. We arrived at 1:30 pm expecting to visit with Brooke and Ryan for a little bit then get Jack ready to go and Kyle would be home at a decent time for a nap. Well...we weren't able to leave until 4:30! No one's fault (our nurse and doctor had to attend a baby who had just arrived from a Med Flight) and Kyle and Jack were troopers as they were ready to go soon after we got there! Kyle entertained the nurses as he got "his" stool and carried it around from bed to bed to see his brothers and sister.
We finally got home around 5 (Kyle was already sound asleep!) and got settled before mom & dad arrived to have dinner and welcome Jack home. Jack is such a laid back baby (I hope I don't have to correct this a few months from now!) and sleeps, looks around and chills most of the time. The only thing he doesn't really enjoy is getting his diaper changed.
Kyle isn't too sure about having his brother home but I'm sure he'll get used to it soon before Ryan gets home :-) He still likes me at this point so I'm happy! He will be a great big brother, we're all so proud of him for how he's handled everything so far. Daddy took him for a walk, Ama played golf with him and Papa got him KFC for dinner...life isn't all THAT bad!
I will post some pictures tomorrow but wanted to let you know that we're all doing great at home. Our life will be complete once Ryan and Brooke join us at home.

10 Comments:
Congratulations! This is such exciting news. Jack, before you know it your room will be full of babies so get some rest!
Katy and Dave
I'm so so happy for you! I can't wait until they are all home and I can meet them:)
Shelley
Amazing journey you guys have been on and we are so happy that everyone (including mommy and daddy) are doing well. The best is yet to come! We love you - Laura, Joe, Joey, Matt, and Mikey Edell
Amazing journey you guys have been on and we are so happy that everyone (including mommy and daddy) are doing well. The best is yet to come! We love you - Laura, Joe, Joey, Matt, and Mikey Edell
WELCOME HOME BABY JACK!!
We are thrilled that Jack is home! One by one the Lord is answering our prayers. Besides that means I am one step closer to a sniffing session with my new baby cousins! The holidays will be so joyous this year with the arrival of Lila and the serious expansion of the Logan family. We will continue to pray for a speedy homecoming for Ryan and Brooke. Jen and Ed don't forget to rest WHENEVER you can, and nap when they nap. It is also important that you both take care of yourselves as well.
Love to all of you,
Brad, Amy, Brandon, and Ashleigh
Yeahhhh! What fabulous news ;o) This is the first of many great days for the Logan Family!
Congratulations on your first of 3 homecomings!
Wow! Congratulations Jen and Ed. That is great news!
Julie & Jason
We are so happy that you're all doing well. We think of you often, and will continue to keep you in our prayers. You're doing an awesome job on the blog too!
Melissa, Scott & Colin
Jen- you are truly amazing:) I hope you know how incredible it is to already have one of your babies home. You, Ed and Kyle did such an amazing job of taking care of those kiddos while they were in utero, that you are making the NICU nurses jobs easy! It won't be long until the whole family is together. Congrats and I love to get the updates and see the pictures of your beautiful family.
Kristen
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home