The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kyle's little nose...minus the red dot!


Kyle this morning before his surgery...the last time we'll see the cute red spot on his nose :-(
Kyle has/had a red dot on his nose. I can't remember the technical term for it but when it originally appeared (around his second birthday), the doctor said it wasn't anything to be concerned about, although it would most likely be there the rest of his life. Unless, of course, he was going to be a model. Well that's why we had it removed...KIDDING! Kyle would look in the mirror at himself and say, "mommy, why do I have a red dot on my nose?" Over the past year it had become slightly raised and the doctor thought it was best to remove it via a single laser zap. Sounds quick and easy, right? WRONG! Well, the procedure was quick and easy, however, the drama before and after was not so fun.
While we were in pre-op, Kyle told the nurses that he "just wanted to keep his red dot!". They managed to bribe him with stickers and bubbles, so he cooperated until the "loopy juice" arrived. It only took about ten minutes for that to take affect (Ed and I were laughing so hard watching Kyle giggle, say silly things, slouch over, etc) then the nurses wheeled him away in a little red wagon. About fifteen minutes later they took us up to recovery (quickly) because they said Kyle wanted his mommy...bad. When we walked through the doors we heard our sweet, quiet, shy little boy screaming and fighting with the nurse! I was shocked and ran over and picked him up. He was definitely not himself and tried to hit, scratch, etc. It actually brought tears to my eyes as I handed him over to Ed, who was able to calm him down. I couldn't believe he was so wild! The nurse anesthetist said that his reaction happens often as they come down from the medicine and thank goodness it didn't last long. After he was back to my sweet baby Kyle, he was sitting in a chair with Ed and looked right at the anesthetist and said, "I don't like you"! Wow, that was serious!
He felt good enough when we left that he wanted to go to Panera (that's my boy!). The three of us went for a quick bite and Kyle and I headed for home while Ed went to work. We were SO close to home when Kyle started crying in the back. I looked back and told him we were almost home and before I knew it, he was throwing up all over himself! Literally, we were a mile away from home, so we made it home rather quickly. Kyle has only thrown up four times in his life and two of them were in the last week (reference "mom made Kyle eat carrots" post)! Three of the four have been in the car, which is NOT fun to clean up. Good thing we just got that new car seat last month :-)
In the end, I feel 100% blessed to have had such a minor procedure done. Seeing and hearing all of the sick kids at U of M hospital today makes us truly appreciate our families health. Here's to all those families who spend too much time at hospitals. God bless.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Oh no! More puking? That whole episode really sucks. I'm sure that was heart breaking! Glad he's back to himself now. Hope he's feeling better!

December 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Glad Kyle got through his surgery without too much difficulty. Hope you guys have a great Christmas! We put up a tree this year but it is missing half the ornaments since I decided to put up nothing that could break. :)

December 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Poor baby!!! You made me laugh through the whole thing though! I wish you could have gotten some video... (before the surgery of course) Made me think of the youtube video that went crazy of the kid after the trip to the dentist... I got puked on three times this week from Zach- thankfully none were in the car- Ah- the joys of motherhood!!!

December 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it's over now, right? That sounds rough though--good for you (and Kyle) for getting through it. I'm sure when he's older he'll be glad the red dot is gone.

Have a great X-mas with your adorable kids! BTW, loved the X-mas card. How in the world did you get such a cute shot?

Take care,
Ann

December 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home