The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Birthday Eve















Pictures:
* Me looking HUGE on 10/8, the day before delivery
* Me looking large the morning of the babies birth day (50" around!). Would you believe, after looking at this picture, that I actually enjoyed being pregnant!?

Wow, a year ago today I was overcome with fear over what the next day, year, etc would bring for our family. We were going from one, wonderful child (ratio: two adults, one child) to adding three more to the picture (ratio: four children, not enough hands!) with a lot of unknowns. What I do know today is we don't have enough hands but we have hearts full of love for our wonderful children. We have had so much love and support from so many people over the last year that have made our lives such an amazing one. Not always easy but it's been more than I could ever wish for.

We are truly blessed to have Kyle, Ryan, Brooke and Jack call us mommy and daddy. I can't wait to celebrate the babies birthdays this weekend with so many friends and family. I will post pictures from the party later this weekend.

I can't wait for what the next year will bring. Thanks to everyone for all of your love and support. We couldn't have survived the first year without you!

Love,
Jen, Ed, Kyle, Ryan, Brooke & Jack

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Ah! October 9th- what a great day!!! Those pictures are amazing and can't wait to hear about the celebration...
As for my October 9th (as in tomorrow) My dad won't be there... yup- chose to go to an away U of M game!!! (ehhhh!!) So no one is allowed to tell him if the babe is a boy or a girl... (I want to make him suffer- shame, shame, shame!!)
Hugs-
L

October 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to believe a year has gone by already! Have fun with the big celebration and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brooke, Jack & Ryan!

Have a great weekend!
Christine

October 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen!
I am super-impressed! The kids are looking amazing and heck, you're keeping up w/ a blog when you have four kids--Wow!

Have a great birthday weekend!
Ann

October 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Happy birthday Jack, Ryan, & Brooke! I hope your first birthday was a special one.

P.S. - Jen, those belly pictures are very impressive. :)
Krista

October 10, 2009 at 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday babies! katy, dave ande jp west

October 10, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Kristen Salata said...

Hi Jen! Oh my gosh what beautiful kids you have:) I love reading about your family adventures. You and Ed are an inspiration. I can't believe the babes are a year already. When I look at Jack's pictures I feel like I am looking at Kyle's baby pics. Congratulations on all your blessings over the past year:) If you are ever in Chicago for work and have some free time I would love to meet you for dinner or a drink. My email is kmw16@hotmail.com. I miss all my AA mom friend!

October 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home