Father's Day...Girls Weekend!

Amy's husband Chris sent a text message while we were at the Cubs game saying that the news just broke that six cougars had escaped from the Lincoln Park Zoo...well here we are at Cubby Bear bar getting our groove on. Well, trying anyways. You think you can do anything after a few drinks :-)
What a wonderful mother/wife I am, going out of town on Father's Day for girls weekend! To be fair, we celebrated Father's Day last Sunday (with my dad) then next weekend we're going to Chicago to celebrate again with Ed and his dad.
Thanks to my wonderful husband, I was able to go to Chicago to celebrate my girlfriend's (Amy and Julie) 40th birthday. These of course, are my much older friends :-) Ed's sisters graciously offered to come up and help him for the weekend so I could get away. There were six of us and we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I didn't feel great but made the best of it and enjoyed my time away and spending time with the girls. We went to the Cubs game on Saturday and had fun in the evenings.
I returned home mid-day on Sunday and we celebrated a low key Father's Day. Kyle's new favorite thing is the recordable cards. They may cost $7 but it's money well spent to capture his sweet little voice on the card! He said "happy father's day daddy, I wuv you!". Priceless!
A HUGE thank you to Ed, Kris and Jill (and Logan!) for letting me get away on a much needed girls weekend. It went so well at home I may have to do it more often :-) We'll see the Logan clan again this weekend as we're headed to Chicago for Ed and his dad's Father's Day gift. They will be playing catch on Wrigley Field and touring the facility. Ed's very excited, his beloved Cubs! Cheryl graciously offered to watch the babies on Friday night so we are going to take two of them - Kyle and Ryan - with us. It will feel so strange to have just one baby with us...we'll feel like a "normal" family!
The babies are healthy again, thank goodness! Unfortunately Kyle and I picked up their bug. I finally went to the doctor today and I have a sinus infection, fortunately not contagious. Enough summer colds please!
Thanks to my wonderful husband, I was able to go to Chicago to celebrate my girlfriend's (Amy and Julie) 40th birthday. These of course, are my much older friends :-) Ed's sisters graciously offered to come up and help him for the weekend so I could get away. There were six of us and we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I didn't feel great but made the best of it and enjoyed my time away and spending time with the girls. We went to the Cubs game on Saturday and had fun in the evenings.
I returned home mid-day on Sunday and we celebrated a low key Father's Day. Kyle's new favorite thing is the recordable cards. They may cost $7 but it's money well spent to capture his sweet little voice on the card! He said "happy father's day daddy, I wuv you!". Priceless!
A HUGE thank you to Ed, Kris and Jill (and Logan!) for letting me get away on a much needed girls weekend. It went so well at home I may have to do it more often :-) We'll see the Logan clan again this weekend as we're headed to Chicago for Ed and his dad's Father's Day gift. They will be playing catch on Wrigley Field and touring the facility. Ed's very excited, his beloved Cubs! Cheryl graciously offered to watch the babies on Friday night so we are going to take two of them - Kyle and Ryan - with us. It will feel so strange to have just one baby with us...we'll feel like a "normal" family!
The babies are healthy again, thank goodness! Unfortunately Kyle and I picked up their bug. I finally went to the doctor today and I have a sinus infection, fortunately not contagious. Enough summer colds please!
A new savior in our lives...Pauline! She is our new mother's helper who comes over once a week to help with the kids. She just graduated from high school (will attend U of M in the Fall - yeah!) and has such a relaxed style which is wonderful for our crazy house :-) My girlfriend Denise was gracious enough to let us borrow her one night a week as she watches her kids on Fridays. Thanks Denise for sending the gem and to Jill for recommending her!
Also, I've decided not to take the blog private. It was too much work, everyone would have had to get a gmail e-mail account so I've decided to take measures to insure no one will want to steal my cute family and claim them as their own!
Also, I've decided not to take the blog private. It was too much work, everyone would have had to get a gmail e-mail account so I've decided to take measures to insure no one will want to steal my cute family and claim them as their own!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home