What a Great Birthday!

Kyle made a special birthday cake for me today at Ms. Cheryl's. He was so proud of it...isn't it beautiful?! The best part of the night - Ed and Kyle sang happy birthday to me. It was the first time Kyle actually sang it out loud! He loves to talk about it but this time he really sang. So sweet :-)
What a crazy birthday it's been. It started last night with our poor dog, Macey. She had been limping for a week or two and we just thought she was out of shape or that her hip was bothering her again (she's only seven years old?!). Well, poor thing, last night she finally got to the point where she couldn't even put weight on her back left foot so we were able to get her in to see the vet right away. Turns out she has a partially torn ACL?! The doc said no exercise (oops, we went for a few walks AND played Frisbee with her this weekend?!) and an anti-inflammatory and she should be fine. Hopefully Macey will forgive us for being such horrible parents :-( A few people jumped ahead of her on the priority list!
Today started out great as Kyle and daddy had birthday cards and presents awaiting me on my pillow (I slept in the glider with Brooke last night). Kyle said, "it's your birthday mom!" - what a wonderful greeting at 6:30 am :-) My friend Mary at Panera made me a large, delicious cookie (of course I had to wash it down with a Dew!) and I received lots of sweet calls and e-mails with birthday wishes. In the afternoon I took Brooke to the doctor because her cold has brought with it a HORRIBLE cough that sounds so painful and sometimes makes her gasp for air. The doctor wanted to see her right away...turns out she has a viral infection that requires steroids (and weighs 15 lbs 10 oz!). We also have to see her Pediatric Surgeon next week to make sure her larynx isn't narrowing (somewhat common with TEF patients). The doctor said that the narrowing might be exaggerated due to her cold symptoms but it's worth following up. The steroids seem to have helped because she fell asleep tonight (hopefully for the whole night as mommy is tired!).
The day finished with Ed and I enjoying a quiet, wonderful dinner ALONE! Still strange when it's just the two of us but it was nice to have a relaxing meal, uninterrupted. Thanks to Cheryl, Gary and Nicole for watching the kids...you guys are the best :-)
On another note, the babies were seven months old on Saturday. As I've said already, they are getting a lot more fun and interactive these days. It's also very funny that Kyle will hear someone crying and be able to identify who it is. I guess he must hear it a lot???
What a difference a year makes...a year ago Ed and I celebrated my birthday with a dinner out but I had an exotic drink (cranberry juice and Sprite) and had to push the table out so I could fit behind it :-)

9 Comments:
I am glad you had a great birthday. I did think about you. I too had a Mt. Dew today along with a vanilla cone dipped in butterscotch. Some habits are just hard to break. I hope Brooke feels well soon!
Susan
Sounds like a great birthday (especially if you enjoyed something a little stronger than cranberry & sprite. LOL!).
Hope the girls (Macey & Brooke) are doing better.
Happy Birthday! I'm sure macey will be running around and begging oatmeal from the babies really soon! katy
HAPPY BIRTHDY!!! Sounds like you had a great day:)
Jill
Happy Birthday Jen!!! Wow Mothers Day and your birthday all in the same week!! Glad to see you were spoiled and had fun for both! Love and miss you all. Hope Brooke and Macey are feelin better. Call me soon. Julia,Jenna and Brad are already asking when we can come babysit again! You would think they adored your kids or something!!! Lynnie
Happy Birthday! Glad you got some pampering. :)
Happy belated birthday and Mother's Day, Jen! I'm glad both were so fantastic...you deserve it!
Take care,
Bree
Glad you had a great day!!! Hopefully your girls (puppy and baby)will be healthy soon!
Hugs,
Laura
Get that dog walking with babies!! I'm glad you had a great B-day!!
I got my choo choo from a lady in W.Bloomfield only $75! Not to rub it in, but WHAT A DEAL/STEAL! I will email you my blog password as soon as I know how, its still private thanks to the psycho lady!
OH you going to the HOMMIES meeting this week? What to drive and go to dinner prior with me & Jill...email me!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home