Easter weekend


Pictures:
* Kyle coloring eggs. As you'll see from his hands, he thought you were supposed to pick them up out of the water :-)
* Kyle coloring eggs. As you'll see from his hands, he thought you were supposed to pick them up out of the water :-)
* Jack and cousin Logan. Check out Jack's peace sign...what a cool cat.
* Uncle Mark hanging out with Kyle and Logan. They had a great time exploring!
* Kyle showing off his egg collection from the Easter egg hunt. Thanks Grandpa Logan & Aunt Jill!
* Kyle's Easter loot. His favorite part was the "sudders", aka suckers, that were added to the Easter basket. Who knew dum dums could be such a hit?!?!
* Kyle and his buddy, cousin Logan
We survived our second trip to Champaign! I was nervous prior to the weekend because I wasn't sure how everyone would do on a five hour plus car ride at six months old. My parents arrived home from Florida on Thursday afternoon and came over to see the kids before we left town. We stopped at Panera (surprise, surprise!) to have dinner and feed the kids before leaving town. This was the best move ever because we didn't stop the WHOLE trip! Ryan slept the whole time, Jack needed a bottle to tie him over (fed him in his seat) and Brooke needed a little bottle to get her through. Other than that, they were so great. Kyle watched his movies (it IS the Elmo van, you know!) and did pretty well. He asked to get out a few times but was good otherwise.
We stayed at Ed's sister/brother-in-law in their newly remodeled home. It was great because we had a lot of room - four kids need A LOT of gear?!?! On Friday, we had the babies six month pictures taken (I'll share them in my next post). They all did well with the exception of a few meltdowns (Brooke), some spitting up (Jack) and an orniry boy (Kyle)...at least Ryan was a happy camper! In the evening Logan came out to spend the night with us. The boys had a great time playing.
On Saturday we celebrated Easter at Ed's dads house. The whole family was there and we had a good time. It was nice enough to spend time outside. We had an Easter egg hunt for the boys and they had a great time! After we left, we were headed to Jill/Logan's house and decided that instead of staying the night, the car was already packed, the kids were all tired, so maybe we'd drive home. We fed the kids, visited with Mo/Melinda (Ed's buddy) and left Champaign at 10 pm. Once again, good decision on our part! Everyone (including Kyle this time) slept the ENTIRE trip! I think we made it home in record time, arriving at 3 am. The next day was a burn but it felt good to have a full day to recover. Our Easter dinner was a frozen pizza :-) We told Kyle that we weren't sure if the Easter Bunny would know that he had come home so his basket might not be here. He came out of his bedroom and found it by the back door. His face was priceless and he enjoyed his presents. It was so cute hearing him tell people about his presents. The cutest part was how he said it, stringing everything together with an ummmm in between each thing. He is so much fun these days, I can't imagine a more fun age. I'll have to sneak some video of him as he's now singing Old McDonald to the babies!
Overall a great weekend, I hope I'm not jinxing our good travels because we're headed back for July 4th and you never know what the next trip might hold!
Tomorrow, Ed, Kyle and I are headed to Florida for a long weekend. Yes, just the three of us! My parents (our saviors, once again) are staying with the tripets for the weekend. I'm not going to know what to do with myself, hopefully I'll be able to relax :-) We're going to Disney on Friday then over to Clearwater Beach for the rest of the weekend. CAN'T WAIT!

1 Comments:
Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big all the kids are getting. And, of course, they are so adorable! I absolutely love the pics, especially the new header! Thanks for keeping us posted on your doings - it always makes for a great read! Miss you guys tons and look forward to seeing you soon....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home