Life Around Here is Crazy!?!?


* Kyle and his buddy Jackson
* Naked Brooke after a little "mishap" with her diaper (can we say BLOWOUT?!?!)
* Babies eatting cereal (not big fans yet). There was more left on their face than actually went into their mouths! L-R: Jack, Brooke, Ryan
* Brooke & Jack chillin' in their bumbo seats
* Kyle's robin egg that he's so proud of!
* Babes in their Illinois gear (thanks Aunt Jill & Logan!)
* Babes in their Illinois gear (thanks Aunt Jill & Logan!)
* I bought them Apple of Mommy/Daddy's Eye shirts before they were born (3-6 mo) and they outgrew them before they wore them so we had to take a picture to capture the cuteness!
* Mom got a few live action shots of Kyle playing hit this past weekend. As you can see from the last shot, it was a "yine drive!" that almost hit the photographer!
* Mom got a few live action shots of Kyle playing hit this past weekend. As you can see from the last shot, it was a "yine drive!" that almost hit the photographer!
Every day I say, "wow, it's been awhile since my last post, I need to do that." Then I put the kids to bed, clean up, wash bottles and before you know it, it's time for bed. So tonight I'm staying up late so I can post. Hopefully SOMEONE is still reading the blog!?
Since the weather has started to break around here, we've been spending a lot of time outside, walking, etc. I'm so happy that all of our kids love the outdoors. We've had a busy few weeks so I'll give a quick recap of what I can remember (not much these days!?!?).
The babies seem to be changing so much everyday now. They all:
* love to eat their naked toes
* are all very ticklish (especially their thighs and neck) and laugh so sweetly when tickled!
* love the exersaucers
* DON'T love cereal too much...yet. I never knew how hard it would be to try and feed three little mouths!?
Jack
He is rolling around all over the family room. He stops every once in awhile to spit up :-) It's amazing how much happier he is these days, either from the soy formula or Prevacid. It's a rare moment that he cries (aka screams) anymore and is usually a very happy, smiley baby. He tolerated the rice cereal and liked the green beans a little better. Jack is sleeping through the night again and wakes up in a great mood.
Ryan
He was our "perfect baby" for awhile and has moved out of that spot, hopefully temporarily :-) Ryan is still a happy baby and sleeps through the night but fusses a little more than he did before. He loves the jumperoo still and can spend awhile in the exersaucer. He's happy to lay on his back with his toys but loves to nibble on his toes!
Brooke
Our little girl definitely rules this house. She must think that our bed is more comfortable than hers because she'll start out in her bed but would much rather sleep in ours! She has the chunkiest legs that you could nibble on all day long! She's two inches shorter than Jack (sorry sweetie, you got mommy's genes!) so she looks so much meatier than the boys. Brooke has really found her voice lately as she likes to scream - and smiles after she does it.
Kyle continues to say the funniest things:
* The babies were crying tonight (loud and in unison) and Kyle runs over to them, stands over them and says, "can we get some peace and quiet around here?!" hmmm...wonder where he heard that?!?!
* We were playing together and he was making me laugh and I told him he was very funny. He said, "yeah mommy, I'm somethin' else!" My mom and dad tell him that...cute!
* Ed had put him in his short sleeve pajamas one night and I wanted to change him into a long sleeve one. He said, "no mommy! I won't be able to suck my fumb!" You see, it's all about the strings on the sleeve that he must pick at while sucking his thumb. You can't suck your thumb unless there are strings to pick!
* He was watching Finding Nemo in the "Elmo van" and he says, "fish don't go to school!". He thought it was very funny that Nemo was at school :-) It's funny how they already know these kind of things and can express them!
BIG accomplishment this past weekend. Friday night we took the kids out to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant, China Cafe here in Novi. Suzanna (one of the owners) was so helpful and the kids were so good, that we might make it back soon! It helps to have wonderful hosts as we needed to leave a kid or two inside while we transferred the other(s) to the car. Oh how easy it would be to have two kids :-) We did so well on Friday that on Sunday, we actually took the babies to church for the first time! It was quite a feat to get everyone ready and out the door by 9 am. I set expectations low because I didn't think it would be possible to get it done on my spur of the moment idea but we did it! It was very strange, the more we get out with the triplets, in their triple stroller. Ed and I are still getting used to the stares, comments, etc (image what must be going through Kyle's brain when people stop us?!?!). One of the other triplet moms warned me that I would have to add extra time into every trip because people always want to stop and talk or see THREE babies :-) After church we were feeling so good we went out to lunch! However, my parents met us...thank goodness, as it was feeding time. The babies all were so well behaved at church (in the nursery, that is) and at the restaurant. Who knows, we could be regulars again!





9 Comments:
I thought I recognized someone's tummy in the first picture.
Ok, missy, making it through church doesn't count if you put them in the nursery! That's a break, not an accomplishment! You need to do that more often :-)
I truly am in awe of you, Jen. Your kids are so precious and clearly flourishing, and you keep it ALL TOGETHER. Bravo! It was a delight to see you last week. Thanks so much for staying out late to visit with us -- Ainsley is a big fan of your too. Happy almost b-day. TAURUS POWER!!!
Thanks for thinking of mr Jennifer:) We are hanging in there, I just posted a new blog today. We go for the boy's u/s on Friday so I will be calling our Dr late next week to see if they know anything yet. Chat with you soon. Are you going to the HOMMIES meeting this month?
Thanks for thinking of mr Jennifer:) We are hanging in there, I just posted a new blog today. We go for the boy's u/s on Friday so I will be calling our Dr late next week to see if they know anything yet. Chat with you soon. Are you going to the HOMMIES meeting this month?
Wow I have been slacking on catching up!! You went to Disney? How cool is that!! Looks like Kyle had fun! That is the perfect age too!! I just took my daughter in Feb and she's 11!! Love all the pics....I'm bad I don't really read just look at pics:-) Who has the time....
YES we will get together!! Maybe by the end of May?! call or email me!
That picture of the three of them in the highchairs should be in an ad for Fisher-Price!!
Hi Jen,
That is so awsome you are getting out more with the babies. I think it gets easier the more you do it (that and setting expectations low so you can always be pleasantly surprised and grateful when they are exceeded). The babies are so cute. I love Brooke's cherry pj's with the red feet. Lillian has those too and even though Josh can't stand them (who knows why, crazy guy), I always put her in them because I think they are so cute. :)
I know you're busy, but I was anxiously awaiting a blog update. I'm a little worried though that you're so busy you've gotten your kids mixed up - - it's Jack, Ryan, Brooke in the high chairs, not Brooke, Ryan!!! :-)
Glad that it's Prevacid, not Zegreid or Prilo, that's finally making Jack feel better! :-)
Love the latest Kyle-isms too. He IS something else!!!
-Jodi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home