Kyle meets Mickey...and Lisa
Pictures:
* Kyle's highlight of his day at Disney - meeting Mickey and Minnie!
* The Logan's (less three!) at the happiest place on earth, as you see from Kyle's expression :-)
* Breakfast with Pooh. Kyle was REALLY starting to think the characters were pretty cool.
* So cool that he actually took a picture with just Tigger! He didn't know that I stepped out of the picture.
* The Merry Go Round with daddy
* The Merry Go Round with daddy
* Dumbo ride with mommy
* The other highlight from Kyle's trip...Lisa the parrot!
* Kyle looking cute at the beach
* The presents Kyle brought home for the babies
* The gifts that he specifically wanted to get the babies (well, actually he wanted to get them bottles but we thought sippies would be more practical)
What an amazing weekend we had! At a weak moment, my parents offered to watch the babies so we could get away for a long weekend. Ed and I decided to take Kyle on a fun trip to Florida. What a great time we had! First of all, we have to thank my parents for watching the kids while we went away. They are truly amazing people. We knew that already, but this was something that was really important to us and knowing my parents were taking care of the kids made the trip that much easier.
Because Ed and I travel for work, we were able to use frequent flier miles and Marriott points to pay for our whole trip :-) We started in Orlando on Thursday evening and went to Disney on Friday. I think the Disney experience was great but overwhelming to Kyle at first. We started the day with a breakfast with Pooh and friends. Thank goodness our first encounter was Eeyore (because Kyle was a little timid). As you'll see from the pictures, Pooh was the third character to visit because he was starting to warm up. I LOVE the expression on his face in the picture with Pooh above. It really shows how excited he was to meet him :-)
We had an action packed day and Kyle was SO great. It was fun to experience the park with a 2 1/2 year old; it really makes you appreciate the little things. And it was fun riding several rides that I remember as a kid (It's A Small World, Country Bear Jamboree, Dumbo, etc). They all were a lot cooler when I was younger though :-) The best part of the day was when he rounded the corner to see Mickey Mouse. His face COMPLETELY lit up and he was mesmerized by him and Minnie. Minnie pointed to her nose and wanted Kyle to give her a kiss...and he did! Big step for my timid little boy.
All in all, our day at Disney was truly magical. We had a great time spoiling Kyle and spending one on one time with him. Kyle was on day two of no nap and he was wonderful. He fell asleep about five minutes into the techno parade at 9 pm and slept through the monorail ride, long walk to the car and the car ride back to the hotel!
On Saturday we drove to Clearwater Beach for a little beach time. We arrived in the afternoon (after sleeping in!) and Ed took Kyle to the Tampa Bay Rays game that evening. This meant I got to sit by the pool, read a book, listen to a guy playing acoustic guitar, have a margarita (or three!) and have a leisurely dinner, uninterrupted. Ahhh, this was what I was most looking forward to and it was everything I had hoped :-) The boys had fun and mommy was refreshed in just one evening!
As you can see from the picture above, Kyle fell in love with Lisa the parrot. He kept wanting to visit her in the lobby and was so intrigued by the fact that she talks. He had to show his kitty the cool bird at the "ho-tail" (sounds like he has a little southern accent)!
A few funnies from the trip:
* As we headed to the airport on Monday morning, Kyle was so sweet and said, out of the blue, "I miss my beebees". I'm so glad that he missed them because we were going back no matter what!
* When Kyle sucks his thumb (always the right one) his left had automatically goes to his right shirt sleeve to pull the strings. He gets mad/sad if, God forbid, he wants to suck his thumb and doesn't have a shirt on! He was in the midst of ruining his second shirt of the weekend when Ed told him he needed to stop. He proceeded to tell us, "your parents will fix them all!" He's such a trip!
* When we got home, Kyle and I went to pick up the babies. Kyle ran over to them and said, I saw a birdie, Ryan! And it talks Brooke! And her name is Lisa, Jack! I then asked, what else did you do on your vacation? His answer, "nufing (nothing) mommy!" Good thing we went to Disney, the beach, etc. Sometimes the best things in life ARE free!
* The latest thing that he says all the time these days is, "do I have to share?". He says it about EVERYTHING. We got on the elevator at our hotel and he always wants to push the buttons. When we got on one time, there was another little girl who was already on and was guarding the buttons and he looked at us and said, "I don't want to share!"...poor kid, had to share the elevator buttons. Too many life lessons to learn at such a young age.
Overall, we had a great trip and mom & dad did a great job. They didn't spoil the babies too much (that we know of anyways) and had lots of company! Thanks to everyone who helped out (Helen, Jan, Mike), visited (cousins Patty and Kristi), took Macey for the weekend (Mike), etc. Hopefully we didn't scare my parents too much that they won't offer again. Is next weekend too soon, mom & dad? Just kidding, we'll give you a little time to recover :-) Truly amazing parents and grandparents that Ed, the kids and I have.









5 Comments:
What a great trip and how special for Kyle to have his parents all to himself for a couple of days. I'll have to tell my parents how wonderful your parents are - maybe my parents will offer to watch the triplets some day so Josh and I can take a much needed vacation. :)
Sounds like you all had a great time, including your amazing parents! Can't wait to hear more about it. Sorry I missed you yesterday, I'll give you a call today/tonight to catch up. - Jodi
What a great trip! Hysterical! Kyle got a great weekend of not sharing his parents. All of your faces are priceless!!!
Julie
wow! I can't believe in 6 mos I might have a 14 lb baby! I'm glad Kyle is enjoying the babies and missed his babies while he was gone!
katy
Your folks are the best! What a great trip!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home