The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Monday, April 6, 2009

All in a Weekend...













Pictures:
* Jack with his sweet (yet devilish!) grin :-)
* Ryan looking as innocent as he is...
* Brooke playing "Miss Serious"
* Cousin Bradley with Ryan
* Cousin Jenna with Brooke
* Nicole celebrating her 13th birthday with the Logan kids
* Brooke & Jack, all smiles

We had another fun weekend. I sure did think my life would "slow down" once the babies arrived. I knew it would be crazy, busy but didn't expect to still be getting out and having busy weekends. I was wrong! It seems we have something going on every weekend...of course I LOVE IT :-) I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have plans each weekend and this one was no exception.

On Saturday, my cousin, Lynette and two of her kids - Jenna and Bradley - graciously offered to come visit the kids so Ed and I could "escape" for some adult time. It was perfect because they have been wanting to see the kids and we had been wanting to run some errands. Mission accomplished! They had fun with the babies (even let them take their naps - not waking them up!) and took A LOT of pictures, which a few are posted here. Sorry Lynney, I didn't have any of you uploaded - I'll get you next time :-) Ed and I got a lot done in a few short hours, thanks guys for making it a great day. Jenna didn't want to leave, I guess we might have to have her move in! And Bradley was so great with the babies and Kyle too. Kyle was tired out that evening...a sign of a good time!

On Sunday we celebrated Nicole (Miss Cheryl's daughter) 13th birthday! Kyle had been practicing his Happy Birthday song all day and was excited to celebrate with her. As always, Cheryl outdid herself with an amazing dinner (and cake!) and we left very full. I've attached a picture of Nicole with the kids. Everyone had to get dressed up for the occasion :-) Happy Birthday Cole!

A few other tidbits from the past week:
* My girlfriend Samantha had her baby this past Thursday. She didn't know what she was having (of course, that killed me and she knew it!). They had a baby boy, Carson William. The best part, he weighed in at 10 lbs 8 oz. Yes he was BORN at that weight. Yikes, he'll be caught up to the triplets in a few weeks :-) Samantha is a trooper for delivering such a big fella!

* Kyle and I made a trip to Panera one morning and the girls were all chatting with him and asked if he left the babies at Miss Cheryls. He replied, "My beebees cry!" Everyone got a kick out of that one.
* My two big boys are very excited that baseball season has officially begun. Kyle and Ed were watching the Cubs opener together and Kyle, out of the blue, said "is THAT Fukudome?" For those of you who don't know, he's the Cubs center fielder. Ed had talked about him at some point during Spring Training and Kyle must have thought the name was funny because he remembered that he played for the Cubs! What a memory...I better watch out :-)
* I told Kyle it was almost bedtime and he asked Ed, "are the Tigers on, I want to watch them!". Hmmmm, definitely a stall tactic that works with his daddy! The kid is learning fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home