The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Pictures:
* All the kids hanging out, getting bigger by the day. I gave Kyle a choice of who he wants to hold and it's always "I want to hold Broot (how he says Brooke's name)!".
* Sweet Kyle - most days anyway! He fell onto his train table on Saturday and the scratch is healing slowly.

Kyle and I each played a trick on April Fools Day today. When my girlfriend Denise called me this morning, I sounded frantic and told her I'm freaked out. She wondered why and I told her that I took a pregnancy test and I'm pregnant again!? In a shocked voice said, "REALLY?". I only let her go for a few seconds before I said April Fools because I didn't want her to drive off the road :-) I got her! She then played my joke on her hubby and had him going for awhile too. Then tonight, Kyle and I did a video for my parents and we sent it to them in FL. He said "I don't miss you Ama and Papa...April Fools!" The first time we did it he did great...except that I forgot to save it! So the second time around, I had to coach him a little and he said "Happy Fools Day" :-)
The last two months have been wonderful as Cheryl has come to our house to watch the kids. Today was the first day taking them all to her house. I wasn't sure how the morning was going to go but it started out fabulous as they ALL slept through the night (yahoo, however, don't want to jinx anything!?!?) and I was able to get up at my normal time (6:30 am), take a relaxing shower and get ready before anyone woke up. Success! Ed and I were able to get the whole crew out the door at 7:45 am. I'm not sure if this will be so easy every morning but it was a great start. Thank goodness Cheryl has most everything at her house so I didn't have much to take over (besides four kids with three car seat carriers?!?!). It was a strange feeling when I came home to an empty house. Macey and I looked at each other and realized it hadn't been this quiet since last July, before I was on bed rest. So far, so good. Hopefully things will continue to be this "easy" :-)

On another note, two of our good friends had babies over the past few weeks! Congratulations to Dan/Monica/Avery on their addition of twins! Olivia and Isabella were born on 3/23 in Mexico (living there for three years as Dan took an international position with his company, American Axle). The babies are doing great and are so adorable!

Our other friends Dave/Katy had their adorable little boy, John Parker, join them a few months early. He was born yesterday at 32 weeks. He's 4 lb 7 oz and everyone is doing well so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

And I have to add a few quite Kyleisms from the past few weeks/months that I hear and think are so darn cute!
* Whenever we past a water tower, he'll say "there's a water tower mommy! It has Mountain Dew in it!" I then say "noooooo!!!!" and then he runs through his repertoire, "It has dirt in it! No, Pepsi! No, ice! No, chocolate milk! No....water!". We started this several months ago and Ed and I kept adding things that would be funny to be in the tower and he remembers and puts them all together every time.
* We've been making a few trips to Dairy Queen lately. Ever since I worked there in high school/college, I've been addicted to the butterscotch sundae. Anyways, Kyle will get "white ice cream" and whenever you buy him something, he'll say, in the SWEETEST voice, "thank you for buying that for me mommy!". Makes me want to spoil him rotten :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've decided not to come back until the end of April or early May! Okay, belated April Fool's Day to you guys too!!! We miss you. Love Ama and Papa

April 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

I thought of playing the same joke on my parents, but decided I didn't want them to have a heart attack. :) Wishing you many more sleep-filled nights.

April 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger The Blasy Family said...

I glad I was the butt of your joke. Don't forget what Ed said "Karma" :)
-Denise

April 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home