Another Fun One!


* Jack eating cereal for the first time. I was amazed with how well he did for his first time...just trying to control this spitting up!? It didn't work, however...
* Three big babies! They were laying here tonight and I couldn't get over how big they looked. Of course, when I got out the camera, Jack started to cry so this is the best of the bunch. If you haven't guessed, it's L-R: Brooke, Ryan, Jack. Why do all of my kids have my big eyes?!?!
* Ryan fell asleep in the bouncy the other day. He looked SO cute in there, all tired out from a big bouncing session...except that he doesn't like to bounce too much yet!
I know I say this all the time but it was another busy week. I guess this is the "new normal" around here. I had another meeting with my multiples moms on Tuesday evening. I got to meet several new women, who were all great. It's amazing how we can sit around and talk for almost three hours and feel like we have so much more to chat about. I really look forward to these meetings because all of the women have at least triplets...there's a lot of crazy women just like me :-)
On Wednesday, I left for my second overnight trip to Chicago. It was nice to get away for a good nights sleep as the babies haven't been sleeping well! My parents stayed with Ed (they all ended up sleeping with a baby!) and I got a full, uninterrupted nine hours...ahhhh. In a weird sort of way, I love that Kyle misses me so much when I travel now. We always have a special lunch (or breakfast this time!) when I return where him and I just hang out together. It makes the return that much more special as I love when it's just us spending time together. Mom & Dad left for Florida (for two weeks!). We're really going to miss them!
The babies had their last (hopefully) Synagis shot on Friday. We're hoping RSV season is over so we don't have to get another one at the end of April. They all did great, as always, which helps make the visit more tolerable. They are getting so big!
Ryan (born @ 3 lb 13 oz) - 13 lb 11 oz
Brooke (born @ 4 lb 4 oz) - 13 lb 3 oz
Jack (born @ 4 lb 5 oz) - 14 lb 1 oz
Friday was such a beautiful evening that we decided to go out for pizza. I had the great idea (if it worked, that is!) to take the kids up to Novi Pizza Company (our favorite pizza place!) for dinner and introduce the babies to Peter and Shawn (owners). We ordered the pizza ahead of time so it was ready when we arrived. They all did GREAT! Ryan slept the whole time, Brooke sat in her seat, cooed and smiled and Jack needed a little love and attention so we held him while we ate. Kyle ate like a champ and Peter gave him a tour of the pizza parlor, which he enjoyed. He told us several times that the pizza oven is really hot! Afterwards, since everyone was so good, we rewarded ourselves with Dairy Queen (to go, of course). Kyle enjoys his "white ice team" as he calls it :-)
On Saturday, our friends Denise/Matt/Jackson/Drew came down for a visit, along with our friends Ron/Jenny/Hannah. The dads and big kids went to the Plymouth Whalers hockey game while the ladies and smaller kids stayed home. We had a wonderful evening visiting, eating and playing with babies. I LOVE having friends over as we don't get out much these days. Kyle must have hyped Shooter too much and telling Hannah and Jackson how he gives him a high five. Hannah wasn't impressed with Shooter and wanted to come home early to hang out with the babies. She was a great helper! I think the kids played with every toy that we have. I guess that's what I have to look forward to every day when I have four of my own playing. They'll never want to play with the same toy, right?!
Sunday was low key. Kyle and I stayed in our pj's all day :-) Spring is officially here, however, we had SNOW! It turned out we only had a dusting and it was gone by this morning but still ready for Spring to really arrive! Kyle decided to wake up at 5 am this morning, definitely NOT his norm! Maybe he thought he was missing out on something in our bedroom as everyone else thinks that's the place to be!? It was funny though because he thought it was time for his "big boy cup" at that time. He didn't quite understand that it wasn't morning...thank goodness he listened and fell back to sleep! Three kids not sleeping through the night is PLENTY!
The kids are all doing well. I can't wait for them to get over their sleep struggles and sleep through the night again. One thing I really enjoy is my sleep! Jack was the best sleeper and is now the worst. And when he wakes up, everyone knows it with his screams. His cry is not a cry, it's actually a loud, piercing scream. We try to let him cry it out, however, it's pretty easy for him to wake up the other two. Brooke has been the superstar sleeper lately, thank goodness at least one of them does well! It's hard to decide what to do each night when you wake from a sound sleep, trying to decide who should go where. They are staying awake more during the day which makes for more play time. They all enjoy the exersaucer and bouncy seat. It's fun to see them upright!
The other big news is that they've all rolled over now from their stomach to their backs. I've also seen Jack roll from his back to his stomach and I'm sure the other two will any day as they roll from side to side all day long. They watch each other so intently and like to hold hands or take the others toys. Their competitive spirit is starting early! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from their mommy and daddy's tree :-)
Ed came home from work today and Kyle said, "Hi daddy! Did you have a good day at work?" How can you not love that greeting?! He's saying so many funny things these days that I can't remember them all!


1 Comments:
Hannah can't wait to go to another Whalers game so she can give Shooter a high five. That's all she talks about now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home