SEVEN poopie diapers...
all in a days work Can you believe it? SEVEN poopies ones...gosh what a day it was. This is great incentive for me to get Kyle potty trained as he contributed four of them! He likes to say, "I'm pooping mommy" as he runs in the other room and his face turns red. It seemed like all I did yesterday was change diapers! I'm not sure how I got so lucky (and how Ed got out of it...). Now, if we could just get them to quit spitting up, life would be grand. Ed and I both agreed, this is the most annoying part of babies! This too shall pass, right?!?!

Cute picture of Jack during tummy time...look at how strong that neck is!
We're starting to get on a regular schedule. It usually goes like this:
5:30-6 am wake/eat/back to sleep
10 am wake/eat/tummy time/back to sleep
1:30 pm wake/eat/play/back to sleep (in their beds for the afternoon nap)
5:30 pm wake/eat/play (awake for awhile - this is their fussy time)
9 pm eat/back to bed, hopefully for the night!

It's been a great week already as I've had lots of company. On Monday, our single friend Scott (he's a great catch ladies if you know a sweet single girl!) came over to hang out. He's a pilot so he has a few weeks off. He took Macey for a long walk then hung out with me and the babies. Before the day was over he had fed two of them and kept the crew quiet all day. It was wonderful and I can't wait to have him back :-)

On Tuesday, my friends Mary and Carol from Panera came over. They are so sweet, they brought over TWO Dews for me and dinner...YUM! It was great for them to finally meet the babies in person as they've only seen pictures to this point.

Today, my co-worker Shelley came over with her 5 year old daughter, Jenna. Oh my gosh, she is 5 going on 25! She introduced herself to all of the kids, told them she wanted to be a baby doctor (not the gross kind but the one that takes care of kids!) and sang to them. It was all so cute. She even gave Jack a nickname...blink. She said he didn't even blink so that should be his nickname. Then he was laying on the couch and started kicking her so she changed his nickname to Kick. Funny.
It was a balmy 10 degrees here today (after a record low temperature of -11 degrees this morning!) so I guess it's a good thing I haven't been out in two days! We're going to our friends in Saginaw this weekend so we can visit with them and take Kyle to the circus. I'm looking forward to visiting and his first circus experience. My cousin and her girls are going to watch the babies, how cool.
Off to bed, hopefully for eight hours :-) Thank you babies!

2 Comments:
Sheesh, there's a lot of sleeping going on over there. What's the big deal about triplets if they sleep so much? Sounds simple enough to me. ;)
Julie P.
Good luck with the potty training- At 15 months Al would ask to poop and then go on the potty and do it (we were training Joe since she was too young...) Well we should have done it then- at 2 1/2 I remember talking with her about it and she said, "But mommy, I don't WANT potty power- I LIKE my diapers!" (sigh) Good luck with that! :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home