The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!




Pictures:
* The Logan family - We needed a wide angle lens this year to fit us all in :-)
* Great Grandma with her arms full of love...and babies too! L-R: Ryan, Brooke & Jack (who spit up all over his outfit, hence, the change into his pj's)
* Brooke's pretty dress (thanks Ama & Papa!). This girl thing is so much fun!!!!
* It was the "Year of the Hat". Here's a few pics of Brooke and Ryan in their new hats.

Christmas was definitely a big change for us this year in so many ways...of course, the obvious with three new little ones in the house. But it was SO much fun watching Kyle this year as he really "got" the idea of Santa coming to his house, the birth of baby Jesus and of course, opening presents like a mad man. On Christmas Eve, Kyle, Ed and I went to church while mom & dad tackled the babies. We had a nice dinner together when we returned and relaxed for the evening. Kyle left cookies and milk for Santa before going to bed. Timing couldn't have been better for the babies in the morning. We were able to feed everyone and have them back to sleep before Kyle woke up. It was fun to watch him come out of his room and see all of his presents. We had his train/table all set up and he loved it! It was funny because leading up to Christmas, I kept saying, "what do you want for Christmas?" and his answer would always be "toys, mommy!". I would say, "how about a train?" to get him excited about getting one. Of course his answer was always, "No, I don't want a train!". Thank goodness he didn't mean it because he's already played with it so much.
On Christmas day, we went over to mom & dads. These days, this is quite an undertaking. I never thought I would ever rather stay home than go out but after trying to get three babies, a two year old and all of the equipment that goes with it, I'm starting to re-think venturing out so much! On the other hand, it is great to get out of the house and have a nice change of scenery. Don't get me wrong, I personally get out EVERY day for something! The babies have only been out to my parents and the doctor!

We were supposed to arrive to my parents at noon...well, of course, feeding time ended up being 11 am (which takes an hour - start to finish) then we (I mean I!) had to get them dressed and ready to go. Needless to say, we didn't arrive until almost 2 pm :-). Ahhh, my new life, I keep reminding myself! We had a nice dinner at mom & dad's. My grandma and Uncle Steve came down too. Later in the evening our family friends, the Albertson's, stopped by to visit and see Kyle and the babies. Kyle couldn't wait any longer so he tore into gifts for everyone. He was the official "gift opener". I don't think anyone else opened a single package! The joys of being two. I took the most pleasure in watching him open his presents and take in the whole idea of Christmas.
We are very daring. On Saturday, we're going to take a six hour road trip to visit Ed's family. If nothing else it will be an adventure! We're taking the "Elmo car" as Kyle calls it (minivan with DVD player, which usually has Elmo playing, hence the name!) and filling it with all of the stuff that we'll need for four days away from home. We'll stay with Ed's sister. I'm looking forward to being there, seeing a lot of friends and family, I just hope the trip goes well. And hoping the six hour trip doesn't take twelve :-)
Then, our Christmas continues when we return as my brother, sister-in-law and baby Lila are coming to Michigan! We will spend New Years together and they'll be here until January 3rd. We can't wait to see them again...it's been awhile, since Labor Day. My what a difference a year makes...last year Kyle was it! Now there will be five kids in this house!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We sure did and look forward to a wonderful 2009! Please post a comment so I know that people are still reading...comments are my favorite part!!!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Merry Christmas! What a day for you! Kyle and the babies are adorable. I think Christmas is definitely funner with kids. Well, take care and good luck keeping up with your growing babies. I'm so impressed with you guys!

Connor and Aiden had a good time on X-mas. There was some toy envy when we had to give my nephew his super-cool ride-on fire truck, but Connor slowly got over it.

Take care,
Ann

December 26, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan Family,
Still love the blog! What great pictures of your beautiful family. Glad to hear you had such a great Christmas - obviously even better this year ;o) We miss you already and hope you have a wonderful 2009!
Love,
The Dresslers

December 26, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

So happy to see all three bundles of joy growing up happy and healthy!!! There a are so adorable... and Kyle is doing a great job of being a big brother.
I enjoy reading your blog so much that I always hope there is a new post when I open it. Keep up the good work :-)
Happy New Year to you all! Hope everybody has a great 2009!
Love,
Hayier

December 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas all !! Love seeing pictures of the babies and reading your blog - it's the last thing I check each nite. Happy to hear that your holiday is going well - good luck with the trip and remember that you are always in our prayers.
Kiss your mom and dad for me - haven't seen them in ages.
Love, Nancy

December 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I lived in Michigan near you!!!! I would be over at your house everyday helping with those precious babies and Kyle! Wish KC was closser! Just think in another year what fun you'll have. Thanks for posting!

December 27, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see ya'll had a Merry Christmas and are going to have a busy week. But think... with the New Year comes "back to work". Just think in two years it will be a competition to see who can "help" unwrapping the most. We had a great Christmas here in Saline. Mike DiGi.

December 28, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
LOVE the pictures! I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas and am looking forward to the next posting to hear all about your Champaign adventure! So good to see you and Ed the other day! Happy New Year!
Holly

December 29, 2008 at 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we're still reading, Jen- your blog is my favorite soap opera! Haha. You make me tired just reading it- I'm thinking I'll have a nap today:) I'm so glad you had a great Christmas- all is well here at the Tryan's as well. Although Jenna's big present- a "My Twinn doll" went over like a lead balloon. "You know I'm not a doll person, Mom" was the response to the opening of the present finale! Too funny.

I'll talk to you soon!
Shelley

December 29, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
This is Kathy Ward. I tried to post a comment and I don't know if the first comment made it to you. I enjoy seeing the pictures and updates of your beautiful family. I have shown them to Jennifer and she loved seeing your family too. Kelly is in PA with her husband's family for Christmas.

December 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Just B said...

Jen, you have done such a great job keeping up with your blog - I love it! Your family is absolutely beautiful. So happy to hear that you all had a wonderful Christmas! Our best wishes you to you all for a fantastic 2009. And good luck with your big trip ~ may it be a smooth one with lots of long naps for the kids!
Love, Bree, Sean and Grant

December 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger The Blasy Family said...

Merry Christmas Logan Family! What a different a year makes. We continue to enjoy keeping updated via the Blog. You & Ed must of been good this year as you received you presents from Santa in Oct.

We look forward to hearing from your husband in 2009, as I like all men, I am sure his version of a a typical day might be a tad different. We can't wait to hear about the road trip.
Denise & Matt

December 30, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, I am still reading your blog. I love it. I am glad you had a nice Christmas. I hope the trip to Illinois went well. We just returned from Michigan. Have a wonderful new year. I can't beleive I am turning 39. YIKES!!

Susan

December 30, 2008 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

We're still reading, and frankly a little disappointed we didn't make the blog as helpful as we were on Christas Eve! Dave and I both got colds/coughs from being in MI, so I hope everyone in your family stays healthy! Tell Ed that Dave and I are both treating ourselves using the Nettie pot!

I hope your first 'road trip' was wonderful and relaxing! Happy New Year!

Katy and Dave

January 1, 2009 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Wow...I'll stop bemoaning my 4 hour drive tomorrow with two kids. You're doing 6 hours with 4 kids. Yikes! Get ready to squat in the back of the van with bottles in hand, or that 6 hour trip will take 12, like you said. Good luck!

January 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home