The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Crazy times...






Pictures:
* My three sons (Jack, Kyle, Ryan) they look a lot bigger in this picture compared to the one a month ago already!
* A cute picture of Brooke sleeping in her boppy (thank goodness for these simple yet invaluable pillows!)
* Our friends the Dresslers were here from Mexico for a visit. This is what their family will soon look like as she's expecting twins in April! They know the sexes but won't tell...how cruel :-)
* Our friends the Zieglers came for a visit last weekend. Jenny was so helpful...she's looks like a pro holding two babies :-) Her daughter Hannah didn't really like the idea of her holding any of the babies though...
Wow...life sure is crazy. I feel like a broken record sometimes but it's amazing how crazy busy life can become when you have triplets and a two year old! My carefree, on the go life has changed drastically in the past ten weeks. Now I truly look forward to that quick trip to Panera or the dry cleaners compared to before when it was just part of my routine. Enough about me, let's talk about babies :-)
Everyone is doing great and growing like crazy! It's hard to believe that they've been here for ten weeks now. They are starting to grow out of their newborn clothes (especially Jack) and change all the time. Their hair is growing, faces changing and they are getting chunkier! Jack was 8 lb 11 oz this week, Ryan was 7 lb 14 oz and Brooke is right in between. Hard to believe they have doubled their birth weights already (or come close). We've been rather busy lately, the babies had their two month appointments and all is well. I decided to postpone several of their shots after talking with our pediatrician (who I love, thank goodness!) so they just had a few at this visit. Vaccinations are such a stressful thing, especially with preemies. Unfortunately there is no "right answer" which makes it even more difficult.
Kyle continues to crack us up with his two year old talk. My mom bought him a scratch and sniff Christmas book (the one that was my favorite when I was little!). So my dad was reading it to him before his nap and they were smelling the apple pie one and my dad said "well I'll be darned" because it smelled just like apple pie. Well, after every sniff of one, Kyle then said "well I'll be darned"! I laugh so hard everytime I think about it :-) He's got such a great sense of humor already, it's kind of scary! Another cute story...on our way to church there is a water tower (right in front of it) and Kyle will ask jokingly, "what's in the tower, dirt?" then we say "nooooo" and we all giggle. Then he says, "does it have Mountain Dew in the tower, mommy?". Scary that my son knows how obsessed I am about my Dew, huh?! He obviously knows that it has water in the tower but loves to tease us...so cute!!!!! Thanks to my wonderful Aunt Sheryl (and Uncle Jim this time!) for coming over on Sundays so we can go to church/lunch - you're the best!
During one late night feeding a few months ago, I had a great idea to move our laundry room from the kitchen (just enclosed in a closet) to the basement. By doing this we would gain an extra three feet in our kitchen. This is obviously much needed space as we now have to have four seats for children alone! Our awesome handy man, Butch came over to do the project this last week. I'm SO happy with the finished product and glad we created the chaos in the house for the week. However, because we had to have our wood floor refinished, we had to be out of the house while they did it (due to the horrible smell). On Tuesday we packed up and headed to my parents. We had a great time there and it was wonderful to have the help. Kyle and papa went to the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum and had a great time. We decided to come home on Thursday night because of the "big storm" headed our way for Friday morning (we ended up with over 8" of snow!). What a chore to pack everyone/everything up?!?! We're quickly outgrowing our van, house, etc.
Well, that's all for now. I know I forgot a lot of things since I haven't blogged in awhile. I'll try to be better about it...it's good for everyone if I update it more often as my brain doesn't work as well these days to remember everything that goes on around here!?!? Mom & dad are headed over today so we can start/finish our Christmas shopping! Hopefully Kyle will be able to get to see Santa too before Christmas...he's still not to sure about that idea. Can't wait to see how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah doesn't like the picture of me holding the babies any more than she liked the real thing! Merry Christmas, guys!

December 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad I finally got a chance to read all about your holiday fun and the updates on the babies and big brother Kyle. I don't know how you find the time but thanks for all the great stores. Looking forward to meeting the babies one day soon!

Lori (SP)

January 6, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home