Kyle the Cubbie!

It's official. Ed has really brainwashed our poor son. As you can see from this photo, Ed and Kyle spent a snowy afternoon playing a little baseball down the hallway (as Kyle says, "so I don't hit the beebees mommy!"). He enjoys playing with Ed and my parents. The game is played by Kyle hitting the ball down the hallway. He decides if it's a single/double/triple/HR, then "runs the bases" accordingly, into bedrooms or around the kitchen. Today though, after each hit he disappeared for a few minutes. He would then come out to show me what new Cubs gear he put on this time. He'll say the funniest things as he plays like: "yeah, baby", "that's what I'm talking about", etc. We all get a good chuckle and he gets a little exercise :-)
He also said the SWEETEST thing to me today. He woke up from his three hour nap (he's the best child!) and I had made cookies. Him and I sat down to eat a cookie and he said to me, out of the blue, "you're the best mommy". I almost cried...how cute is that?! It's amazing how they know just when to say something to make you feel good. Boys are the best.
Mom and dad left for their place in Florida today for ten days. They came over and spent the day with us yesterday, getting their baby fix in and let us go out for the afternoon. It was wonderful but we'll miss them lots while they are gone. When I told Kyle that they were leaving he said, "No! I don't want them to go to Florida!" It's cute how he's starting to understand things like that.
The babies are all doing well. Brooke and Jack are crying on Ed's lap so I have to run and save him. Chao for now...

1 Comments:
I love checking in on the blog, seeing how you guys are doing, and hearing how much you enjoy all the little moments with the kids! I'm glad the holidays went well and you all survived the big trip to IL. Take care!
Adrienne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home