The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Two Month Birthday, Babies!


Pictures:

* Grandpa Logan w/ Ryan, Brooke & Jack

* Kyle & daddy decorating our BIG Christmas tree :-)
* Happy two month birthday Jack, Brooke & Ryan

I know I've kind of dropped the ball over the last week and a half. Well, life has all of a sudden become VERY CRAZY! I look back over the past few months and realize it was the calm before the storm. Well the storm has hit! Now that they are awake longer during the day (and sometimes the night too!), it seems someone is always crying for some reason or another. It seems that I never have a moment to myself anymore, even to go to the bathroom, take a shower, etc!?!?

We had our two month appointment last Tuesday and everyone is doing well. They had a few shots (we extended the shot schedule) and they all seemed to do ok. I know that the shots get more difficult as they get older (Kyle hates even the mention of the word "doctor" as he knows that's where shots happen!) so I just tear up a little at the site of shots for my babes. Here's the latest:

Ryan (born 3 lb 3 oz) now weighs 6 lb 13 oz 19.5" long

Brooke (born 4 lb 4 oz) now weighs 7 lb 1 oz 20.5" long

Jack (born 4 lb 5 oz) now weighs 7 lbs 13 oz 20.5" long

Needless to say, they are all growing like weeds! We don't go back to the doctor now until after the new year for the next round of RSV shots. These occur once a month so we're getting to know the doctors/staff very well!

As I said in my last post, Ed's dad came up to visit for Thanksgiving weekend. We had a nice time. I think (as most everyone does after a visit) how crazy busy life with triplets and a two year old really is. We're planning to travel to Champaign after Christmas to visit family and friends. Now THAT will be an adventure :-) Poor Macey dog, no more room for her to travel anymore!

As you can see from the pictures above, we put our Christmas tree up last weekend. This year, we had to downsize the Christmas tree as there is no room for the larger one! The space has been replaced with baby swings, bouncy seats, pack n' play, etc. It is going to be a great Christmas this year though because Kyle is very into the holiday. Ed bought him the old DVD's of Frosty and Rudolph so he's up to speed on his Christmas videos and, like his daddy, has an early start on his favorite holiday. I keep reminding him that he has to be a good boy because Santa is watching and this is how he gets toys. Unfortunately he forgets that point often these days. He's doing so well with the babies but he definitely has his moments. Again, not sure if it's adjusting to three new siblings or the terrible twos but he can definitely be a stinker! I still would have cloned him though if we could have!

Well, mom & dad are here again for the night (hence the reason I had time to write this blog entry!) so I'm off to bed to get a good nights sleep. Everyone tells us how lucky we are to have such amazing parents. We DO know it and DO appreciate it more than we could ever express. They keep reminding us that they're just "paying it forward" as we'll be the ones changing their diapers in twenty years :-)

I know I forgot so many other things I wanted to write about since Thanksgiving but my brain is much smaller these days so I'll just have to be better about writing more often. We'll see how that goes...

P.S. I did have a few minutes this weekend to change the background on the blog. Ed wanted to know why it was pink when I had three boys and one girl. I told him that I thought the pink was very cute and it IS my blog, right?!?! I now know that I can change it up so you may see it change from time to time. I'm getting pretty good at this blogging thing :-)










3 Comments:

Blogger Nine Months And Forever said...

HI Jen,
I check your blog all the time. I love reading the updates :) Your babies and Kyle are all beautiful. I'm so glad to see everyone is doing so amazingly well! Keep up the good work- you are such a great mom!
xoxo, Amy Garcia

December 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! The babies are getting so big! I love the new pink background! Tell Ed that Brooklyn told you that she wanted it pink! Ha! Change is good! So, I thought of you last night. I was sitting on the floor and Adam comes up and wanted me to scratch his back. Two minutes later, Morgan sneaks in. So, Adam is on my right and Morgan on my left. Two minutes later, Griffin lines up next to Adam and wants the same attention! THEN, Savannah lines up next to Morgan! It was hilarious! Even at 2 1/2 she can't miss a thing! So, fast forward in a year or two and you'll have all four of the kids lining up on the floor waiting for back scratches! Ha!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe it that Christmas is just around the corner! I'm glad everyone is growing and are healthy! Will you send me your work email again? I will call you! Hugs to all!
Kerri Kacanowski

December 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry, I have a step niece named Brooklyn, sorry Brooke! (must go to bed now...way past my bedtime!)
Kerri

December 12, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home