A slumber party!
Today we had our first big outing with just myself and the four kids (wow, weird to say THAT...four kids!). I managed to get everyone packed, ready and loaded into the van in less than an hour...rather impressive, I think! We were headed to my parents house for the night because I had two doctors appointments on Tuesday in Ann Arbor and I thought it would be fun to venture out for a change rather than having my parents make the drive over for the thousandth time.
We had a great time and I had a great nights sleep (I know I sound like a broken record, but thanks mom & dad!). After bragging to my parents about how all of the babies slept for six hours and then five hours the night before, they didn't do so well for my parents last night. They were up and down most of the night. I'll have to teach them that they need to cooperate for ama and papa because if not, they might not want to watch them anymore :-)
A cute story from last night... my mom bought Kyle a bag of dum dum suckers. His favorite thing for a "special treat" is a strawberry sucker. So we buy it, he gets his sucker and gets through about half of it before we get home. When we get there, he wants to give papa a sucker so he chooses pink lemonade. He takes off the wrapper, then decides to give it a try himself. He licks it, thinks about it, repeat, repeat. He must decide that he likes that one better, because he then puts his cherry one in papa's mouth. We all fell apart laughing! Smart kid...
My doctors appointments went well. I first had a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist who I saw the day after delivery. Fortunately I got a clean bill of health from him...an "above average" heart, as he says. My afternoon appointment was for physical therapy for the lower back pain I've been experiencing since being VERY pregnant. I learned a lot (my left side is sitting lower than my right currently) and received some exercises to do. For my spare time, of course!
In between my appointments, Kyle and I met up with our mom & baby group. Patricia & Oden were in town from MD for the holidays so it was a great excuse to get together. I miss out on a lot because I'm normally working full time so it was so great to see all of the moms and "babies" (who are now all grown up!). We went to Jungle Java, a great indoor play place. Kyle is still very timid and shy but is getting more comfortable. He wanted me to go down the little slide with him at the beginning, then decided it wasn't so scary and he could do it with just the other kids.
We have so much to be thankful for this year. Just when I thought our lifes couldn't be more full, we are blessed with three more amazing babies. Life is good.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families. Eat lots and enjoy your time together.
Love,
The Logans

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home