The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Friday, November 14, 2008

BIG babies and big night out








Pictures:
* Naked babies (L to R - Jack, Brooke, Ryan)
* Naked babies in a circle! Brooke looks like she's ready to slug Ryan. Maybe a sign of what's to come?!?!
* Kyle and Macey - best of friends these days :-)
* Kyle and Papa - truly best buds

Well, babies are five weeks old now and have gained lots o' weight! Kim, our favorite visiting nurse, came over yesterday and weighed all of the babies. The latest (on her scale anyways)...


Ryan 5 lbs 12 oz (born at 3 lbs 13 oz)
Brooke 5 lbs 13 oz (born at 4 lbs 4 oz)
Jack 6 lbs 9 oz (born at 4 lbs 5 oz)


Wow, SO big, aren't they?!?! It's funny how we think they are "heavy" now! We're doing so much better since they're all on the same schedule. They all can go at least four hours at night which gives us sleep in three hour increments. Who would have ever thought I'd love that so much?! The best part is that they eat then go right back to sleep...who can complain?!?!


Ed and I had a big night last night. My parents came over in the late afternoon and I went to get my hair cut/colored, ran a few errands then Ed and I went out to dinner (all by ourselves!). I had my first margarita and medium rare steak (since February, before I was prego). They both tasted SO great...I even felt a little tipsy :-) Then, we got to come home and sleep all night, uninteruppted! What a great day, thanks mom and dad!


This morning, mom took some pictures of Kyle and the babies. We're trying to get just the right picture of them. It's hard when everyone is flailing their arms, turning their heads, etc. But I'd say they still look cute :-)


We've had lots of friends and family come to visit lately. It's been a lot of fun. Kyle loves showing off his babies! Speaking of Kyle, he's doing SO great with adapting to his new role as big brother. He's doing a lot better than I thought he would (thank goodness!). I love some of his funny comments lately. Here are a few highlights:


* When reading a book, he'll flip through it and say, "I don't understand it!"
* We were driving by the waterfall (at the local putt putt place) and I had told him that it's not on because it's cold and it would turn to ice and he said "I know mama". How smart is he?!?!


Have a wonderful weekend - stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home