Brooke's homecoming!
Yeah! My dream has finally come true...the whole family is together. We had a wonderful day today. After going to Kyle's music class (thanks to mom for staying the night and during music!) we came home, napped (starting to love these!) then went to pick up Brooke. We took the whole family so we could share in the excitement together. It was quite a feat to say the least! When we finally let my mom go home (ugh?!?!) she will upload pictures of our day. The triple stroller is going to take some getting used to...the thing is so huge, the wheels have to come off to fit into the back of the van :-)
What an amazing birthday present for Ed today to bring home his only daughter. To celebrate his birthday, we made a cake and of course, Kyle got to blow out the candles. He tried to blow with little success but realized that if he said "poof" it blew out the candles rather easily! We feel so blessed to have everyone home, safe and sound. The fun now begins as Brooke is on a three hour eating schedule (along with three medications!) and the boys can go a little bit longer in between. It's a little overwhelming being our first night with three babies home, hopefully we'll get a routine down soon! In the meantime, mom is staying over again to help out (have I mentioned what amazing parents I have?!?!).
I can't finish without saying what an amazing experience we had with the NICU team at University of Michigan. They may have a horrible football team but their medical staff is incredible :-) Everyone was so wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable, etc and we feel very fortunate to have met so many amazing people during our stay. Hopefully we'll see them in the future (just to visit, no more overnights!).
Hope you all sleep well tonight...get a few extra hours for us :-) Happy birthday Ed, I love you lots. Thanks for sharing your birthday with Brooke today.

10 Comments:
So happy that your whole family is home...let the fun begin! We think of you often and love reading the updates. Happy belated birthday Ed!!
Melissa, Scott & Colin
Yeah!!! Everyone is home and doing well! I still get choked up over the whole thing and can't believe all that you have gone through to get to where you are today! I love reading this blog! Congrats on the final homecoming and happy belated birthday Ed!
Holly, Lloyd, Cooper, Maddie, and Carrson Sova
Glad to hear that the ENTIRE Logan crew is now home! What a journey thus far, and it's only just begun! Jen, the blog is awesome and I love checking for updates. Happy belated Birthday Ed!!
Take care and here's hoping for some restfull nights (I'm wishing big for you on that one! :-) )
Christine Platz
What WONDERFUL news that you're one big happy family @ HOME now!!! Congratulations on Brooke's homecoming ~ way to go Brooke :) Kyle looks like he's being a fabulous big brother (the pic of him feeding his brother is great!) So happy for all of you...you Logan's are AMAZING!! Happy belated birthday Ed, I'm sure this is the best bday gift you've ever received!
Love,
Karen, Dan, Hailey & Nathan
We are thrilled to hear that our Brooke has come home! What a great present for Ed! Happy belated birthday. That bond between a father and his daughter is very special. Now that Brandon knows that Brooke is home, he is officially DYING to see his new cousins. The picture of Kyle feeding Jack didn't help, because Brandon loves to feed babies. I told him I would try to arrange a visit soon. The only reason he hasn't begged to go to the shower is because it is hunting season. It is tough to choose between new baby cousins and a trip up north with dad! As fabulous as U of M was, we can't wait to come down and visit Brooke at home where we can sniff, cuddle, and feed her. Make sure you all get rest whenever you can! We love you all and will see you next weekend.
Brad, Amy, Brandon, and Ashleigh
Congrats to all of you and Happy belated Birthday, Ed! How awesome that you're all home together. Hope it's going well. We can't wait to see the whole gang.
Jenny, Ron, and Hannah
Hey it is Marci. I am so glad that the whole family is home safe and sound. Happy birthday Eddie :) Love you lots...
Marci & Ethan Grindley
Congratulations you SIX!!!!! How absolutely wonderful. I get so darn teary-eyed all the time reading this thing.
Julie
Now that Brooke is home, have you inquired with Panera if they deliver, so you can get your (much needed) caffeine fix???
Congratulations, Jen! We are in awe of your strength, now in in the upcoming months and years. Enjoy this special time! Jen, Scott and Ainsley
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home