Our babies are getting so big!
Today was yet another trip to the pediatrician for baby weigh-ins. We must be doing well because they let us keep our little boys :-) They are growing like weeds now...and almost three weeks old!
Jack (born at 4 lbs 5 oz) is now 5 pounds!
Ryan (born at 3 lbs 13 oz) is now 4 lbs 5 oz!
They are both doing well and thriving at home. We've got a great routine right now...Ed and I have got it down to less than 30 minutes per feeding, then it's back to bed for 2.5-3.5 hours each time. I'm sure things will change once Miss Brooke comes home as there are only two of us and three mouths to feed but we can't wait to experience it because it means everyone is home.
My girlfriend Denise came to visit yesterday and stayed the night to help out. It was so great to have her in town again and great for Ed because she took his night shift so he could get a good nights sleep. He thanked her by getting her favorite local pizza :-) We had a great night and the boys cooperated.
We all went to visit Brooke today and she's doing great. She's still learning to take her bottle on a consistent basis but in the meantime is being fed through her NG tube, placed in her nose. They took her down to radiology today to place a new tube (one which can last for a month rather than a more temporary tube that she currently has). All went well and they want to send her home soon, once she's gaining weight consistently. We're working through whether she should come home with the tube in or once she's taking her bottles exclusively. It would be great if she could be home this Saturday for her daddy's birthday...what a great present that would be!
My girlfriend Kim came over tonight to visit too. We had a great visit...always fun to have visitors. Mom and dad are home tomorrow, we'll all be glad to see them. Kyle's been so used to seeing them every day, he asks about them each morning. Kyle is being such a great big brother. I'm amazed at how well he's adjusting. Each night he seems to get more comfortable with the boys. He now wants to hold them, feed them and just lay in front of them taking it all in. I'm so happy the adjustment has gone so well. He knows that Brooke will be home from the hospital soon and can't wait to pick her up so he can see Big Bird (statue at the hospital) and push the buttons on the elevator (but he'll remind you not to push the red one - emergency-!). We're anxiously awaiting Halloween and dressing up as Elmo. Pictures will be sure to follow!
I get so excited to read your comments every day and to see who's reading the blog. Keep the comments coming - I love them! I hope you're all doing well...

6 Comments:
I'm glad to hear Kyle is adjusting so well. Not to mention, he's getting cuter and cuter everyday!:)I’m so happy you have this website. I love going to the site to see what wonderful news you have to share each time I visit. The pictures are great, what beautiful babies!
Lots of Love,
Sarah
Of course, you have the perfect routine going on at home! Who else could make the transition from one child to four look so easy? I hope Brooke can come home this weekend (not b/c of Ed's birthday, but so I can see her on my visit next week:)) Haha. Keep up the great work- you're an inspiration!
Shelley
Hi Jen and Logan crew! I have been reading the blog and keeping your friends at Schering Plough updated. Everyone is amazed at how well you are all doing and they all send their good wishes. Have a Happy Halloween and we look forward to your updates. I espcially liked the photo of Kyle in the middle of the boys....can't wait to see the photo of the fabulous foursome when Brooke comes home.
Take Care.
Lori
I just knew that the Logan crew would take this all in stride - sounds like you guys are doing just fine! I am so glad to hear that Ryan and Jack are growing so well and that little Brooke will be home soon! Kyle is going to be such a great big brother! They are very lucky to have him ;o) Wish I could be there to see you and help you out but sending lots of thoughts and love ;o)
-Monica
I have been reading faithfully, but just finally signed up to add comments! You guys look like you're having a ball - it's so fun to watch! The babies are all sooo adorable - congrats!
Love,
The Daleys (Amy, Chris, AJ & Mar-Bear)
It sounds like everyone is adjusting very well. Before long Kyle will be running with all three of them. Grandma is wanting to come down but I believe she wants to wait until Brooke is home. Keep up the good work.
Love Steve, Gina, Kayla, Emily and Laura
Happy Birthday Ed (could not forget that one)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home