13 pounds of baby?!?!?!
Ok, so what you've all (well, most of you!) have been waiting for...the babies weights today! I'm going to preface it by saying that the weights almost seem too good to be true but here's hoping they're at least CLOSE! If so, Ed quickly calculated that I have THIRTEEN POUNDS of baby inside of me. That's almost TWO of Kyle...yikes! Now I see why people think I'm so big when they see me :-)
So, the weights...
Baby Ryan (baby A) 3 lbs 15 oz (three weeks ago - 2 lb 14 oz)
Unfortunately no pictures of Ryan today - he's down SO LOW in my belly they can hardly measure his head, let alone get a picture of him :-(
Baby Brooke (baby B) 4 lbs 10 oz (three weeks ago - 2 lb 14 oz)

She's looking at us and her eyes are to the left. Notice that she's the biggest right now. You GO girl!
Baby Jack (baby C) 4 lbs 7 oz (three weeks ago - 3 lbs even)

Jack's face is to the right and he's looking at us. Check out those lips :-)
So you see why I can't believe it?!?! They are very happy with the progress, obviously, and can't believe I've made it this far. Our appointment was scheduled for 10:30 am and when we arrived (to see one of my favorite US techs!), I showed her my rash and she almost passed out. She went to get Dr. Williams (a fellow, who it turns out, used to work at the Dairy Queen with me 20+ years ago!!!!) and she looked at it and wanted to get the Head Doctors (Dr. Treadwell - so sweet!) opinion right away. They quickly got me an appointment with the Dermatology department to get their opinion. So we stopped the ultrasound and went down there right away. Fortunately they were able to get me in quickly and agreed that it is indeed PUPPS, a very bad case of course! They agreed that my dose of steroids could be slightly increased to try and give me some relief from my few hours of sleep (and many hours of itching!) last night.
We then had lunch and went back up to complete our ultrasound with Dr. Williams, who was kind enough to do it herself as the US techs were all booked. So our 1.5 hour appointment turned into a 4.5 hour trip to the doctor! Overall, things are going great and, besides the rash, I feel really good! So if I can get past this, I could go another few weeks. Ok, maybe not!?!?! Next Thursday, 10/9/08 at 1 pm it still is, unless the babies decide to come sooner!
On our way home from Ann Arbor we stopped at our favorite farm/pumpkin patch where we've gone the last two years. I needed to continue the tradition of a picture of Kyle and I there! I sat most of the time while Ed and Kyle played and touched almost ALL of the pumpkins possible. He had so much fun and didn't want to leave. Fortunately we were able to get away without cider and donuts...

4 Comments:
WOW- I was guessing that the babies would be 4 lbs, but OVER 4 lbs? That's incredible! I'm so happy for you guys and your healthy little ones. I can't wait to meet them! (And, yes, I was one of the people who kept checking your blog yesterday waiting for the update:) )
Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that you hauled that belly into the pumpkin patch? Wonder how much it would cost of you put it on the pumpkin scale??
this is 9/30 6pm at papa george greek restraunt, sam and i for dinner. reviewing your blog. learning about the babies and your rash. hope you're a lot better now. well, keep us posted and Lord bless as you go these next few days. -Love Dad and Sam
All I have to say is way to go Brooke. She sure caught up and realizes the idea of survival of the fittest. Wow I can't imagine 13 lbs. of baby along with all the other stuff in there. Hang in there.
Gina and Steve
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home