The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Monday, September 8, 2008

Three babies...almost all three lbs!



Another worrisome night before my appointment, yet everything went well! I always freak out the night before because I think that if my cervix has shortened, they'll send me back to jail (aka hospital). Today we received good news all around. First of all, the babies latest pictures are attached. Here's the news:


Ryan (baby A) weighs 2 lb 14 oz. This is a close-up shot of his face. The top of his head is to the right. It looks like there is a bubble over his head which I'm sure he'd be saying "it is REALLY cramped in here!" He is down so low in my belly, it's a challenge to find his head every time :-)


Brooke (baby B) also weighs 2 lb 14 oz. AMAZING...she's gained almost a full pound in the past three weeks. That's my girl...now keeping up with her brothers :-) In her picture, it's of her head and body, with the top of her head to the left. Her left arm is up above her belly.

I'm sure I've explained this before but in case I haven't, Brooke has what's called a velamentous insertion into the placenta. Normally, a babies umbilical cord attaches directly to the placenta. In many cases with multiples, there is often times where a babies cord runs between two sacs and then into the placenta. They watch her closer as the nutrients take longer (and have to work harder) to get to the baby. However, Brooke has been keeping up and growing at a normal rate so there aren't any worries at this point. It's more common for babies with this condition to be smaller at birth...she's been defying the odds these days :-)


And now for our big boy, Jack (baby C). He is 3 lbs even. He's been the biggest all along and enjoys his spot on the top of my belly. He was resting comfortably on his stomach for his picture (if only his mommy could sleep on her stomach!?!?!).

We are so happy with our progress to-date and hope to continue keeping the babies inside, growing, for at least 2-4 more weeks. Please keep the good thoughts, prayers, etc coming our way!

To celebrate the fact that I got to come home again, my parents made us a delicious dinner. Thank goodness for them and friends & family who have cooked for us...with mine and Ed's culinary skills, we'd all be starving!!!! On that note, I gained six pounds in the past two weeks so they must be doing something right :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have 9 pounds of babies inside you! You're a trooper. The babies look so cute, and it's great to hear how well they're doing. Keep up the good work. Jenny

September 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home