False Alarm...thank goodness!
What a long night and morning we had today. I was awake most of the night with contractions on and off. This morning we decided to go to the hospital to make sure these babies weren't coming today! I had been putting off packing "the bag" for the hospital so there was a lot of scrambling this morning, while trying to get Kyle ready to stay with Cheryl for the day, possibly night. Ed was such a helpful, relaxed hubby today and he passed the test for this "trial run" :-)
The good news...we went to the hospital and they looked/listened to all of the babies and everyone is still doing great. They also measured my cervix and it's still over 2 cm! Once I heard that, I made sure they knew how much I loved being at home on bedrest rather than at the hospital! They sent me home and said keep up the good work and they hope not to see me until October 9th (34 weeks) for delivery! I have an appointment this Tuesday (regular OB appt) and the following Monday (for baby measurements!) so I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on me! It was a strange feeling knowing today could have been the day when our babies arrived. I feel so lucky to have another day to keep them growing inside of me. I'll take the sleepless nights any day for healthy, fat babies :-)
Of course, since we were in Ann Arbor, we had to stop at Barry Bagels for my favorite roast beef sandwich to celebrate going home! We brought mom a sandwich and relaxed for a little bit over there before coming home to take long naps :-) Cheryl kept Kyle until 7 pm tonight so Nicole could get her "Kyle fix" in for the day and we could rest. Are we lucky or what?!?!

6 Comments:
i just watched a bunch of youtube birth videos. iam sitting her along covering my mouth saying "oh my god"
Holy cow! To think they could be here already?!?!
I just realized that I needed to make sure of something....does your hubby or parents know how to update your blog, for when the babies come??
Hi Jen and family. We are thinking of you everyday. I am glad that was a false alarm. I hope that someone knows how to update us on here when the babies come!! Just hang in there and each day will be one day closer. Steve says hi and he is thinking of you.
Love Gina and Steve and girls
Hi all, Just read your post and can't imagine all the emotions that must have been running through Ed's and your head. Like you said it's great that these little ones are being given more time to grow. I know your docs are hoping for you not to go til the 9th but Fred's kind of hoping they could share their b'days with him on the 6th. We'll see! Our thoughts are with you from across the Atlantic. Hugs to everyone. Love Diane and Fred
Hi Sweetie, Got the site addy from Gramma - it's great!! Almost read the whole thing. I didn't realize delivery is coming up soon. Wanted you to know we are always praying for you and babies. Noodles will have to wait a while - arthritis in hand and wrist has been trying my patience and I seem to be losing. Love & kisses Nancy
Hmm, no Jenn and today is a Tuesday visit to the doctor. Glad you got a chance to be with Denise for the day last week.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home