Down on the Farm
Pictures:
* The highlight of the day: Kyle milking a cow!
* Kyle and the donkey (who actual bit his friends sister!)
* A family photo op in the barn
* Jack's pony ride
* Jack feeding the sheep - look at that smile!
* Kyle leading Jack to the ducks -brotherly love :-)
What a fun day we had. Kyle's school field trip was to the Real Life Farm in Canton. My parents had just returned from Amsterdam the day before but were very excited that Kyle had invited them to come. We decided to take Jack with us and he had such a great time. The day started with a hayride around the farm.
Next was the pony ride! We talked a lot about the pony ride that Kyle was going to get to do. He thought it sounded ok until it came time to actually do it. I thought if I got him out there he might consider it...but I was wrong. So Jack decided to go instead and he really enjoyed it!
We then had a picnic lunch followed by a visit to the barn. Inside were a lot of animals, including several babies. We saw sheep, goats, pigs, chicks and kittens. The kids got to feed the baby animals and go into the pens with them. While Kyle waited in line to milk the cow, Jack and I visited the three little pigs, until they decided to try and eat my pant legs! Kyle also got to feed a baby goat her bottle and they both fed the goats and sheep feed from their hands.
The highlight of the day was Kyle milking the cow. He LOVED it, as you can see from his expression in the picture. Farmer Dan asked Kyle if he had done it before because he did such a great job! We had such a great day and can't wait until next year's visit!







1 Comments:
I love it! And I love the pic of them walking hand in hand!!! SOOOO CUTE! You'll have to tell me where that place is! It looks awesome! (It's almost June so we can play again soon!!!!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home