The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Latest happenings...

There is so much to catch up on so, I'll try to fit it all in. Here's the latest on my four rugrats:

Kyle has been saying some funny things these days. I'm trying to do a better job of writing them down, so here goes:










* A few weekends ago, Kyle and I went to Target. I had asked him to remind me to get toilet paper. As we were walking in the front door, he says, "Mommy, don't forget the toilet paper. Mommy, I have a great remembery (remember/memory)!" Yes, sweetie, you do :-)
* Recently Kyle and my dad were playing hit and Kyle stopped, paused and said, "Papa, I think I'm just going to call you Pop! Yea, Pop, Pop, Pop! Hee, hee!"
* On the rare occasion (ha, ha!) that he gets in trouble, he sits in time out, then has to apologize to whoever he pushed/stepped on/knocked over, etc and you'll say to him "tell them your sorry" and he'll say "you're sorry". I'll say, "no, tell them I'm sorry!". So the literal little stinker says, "you're sorry!"
* The latest and best yet. Kyle and I were at REI yesterday checking out. He wanted to buy flashlights for the babies, which prompted the cashier to ask if he had three babies (not sure why she would ask that?) and he told her yes. She asked their names and Kyle proceeded to tell her. He then paused and said, "And Jack loves his pee pee!" OMG! Where did that come from? This was the first (of many, I'm sure) embarrassing moments. You truly never know what will flow from those little lips :-) The cashier did say that Kyle just made her day as she continued to laugh hysterically as we left.











Ryan is becoming even more shy (if that's possible) as time goes by. When someone that he's not comfortable with approaches him, he will instantly look down. He'll keep his head down for a little while, then look up quickly to see if you're still there. If so, he'll look down again. Maybe with the hope that you'll just give up and go away! It's so cute to see, I'm going to have to get it on film. However, with people that he's comfortable with, he's not shy about anything! He can be a wild boy with no fear. He'll stand next to you, then when you're not watching, jump and try to land on you (while you're laying on the floor).

A few other things about Ryan:
* He now has eight teeth. He has two top molars that have recently come in. These have been the hardest by far, with lots of drooling and a few cranky nights.
* His favorite toy is the vacuum cleaner. He's a big fan and loves to show you how the eyes on the front go back and forth.
* He loves to build towers and knock them down. He'll bring you the stacking blocks so you can help him build.
* Ryan is becoming very good at putting shapes in the proper hole. He can get very frustrated if it's not right but he won't give up trying!













Brooke is definitely the diva. She is also a truly sweet, gentle little girl. She already has a lot of motherly characteristics with the boys. She'll be the first to give hugs and kisses (while patting their backs!). She LOVES to say hi and bye. Her favorite thing these days, by far, is BOBO a.k.a. Elmo. She only chooses Elmo books to read, as she points him out on every page. When we get into the van each morning, she'll point at the DVD screen and say Bobo, Bobo! Once I put it on, she'll point to the screen and say, "hi, hi, hi!" then pucker up to air kiss him!

A few other things about Brooke:
* She now has six teeth. No molars yet but her front teeth look so cute as they continue to get bigger.
* Brooke loves to read books. She's content to sit in the corner and pull books off the shelf and page through them.
* Brooke also loves to dance. Whenever we put music on, she'll swing from side to side with her hands up. It's too cute, hopefully I can catch her on video soon.



Jack is still the "active" boy...with the sweetest smile to go with it. Which makes it that much harder to get mad at him when he's: standing on the table after crawling up via the chair, trying to eat the A&D Zinc, screaming at the top of his lungs - just to be heard, and too many other things lately. I joke that he's going to be the one that will pick up girls for him, Ryan & Kyle with the smile and the witty pick-up line.

A few other things about Jack:
* Jack is the front runner in the teeth department. He has 11 teeth! Those molars are just poppin' in left and right these days!
* He loves Kyle's Batman figurines. I'm not sure if he loves them because he puts them in his mouth or because Kyle screams and chases him around when he sees Jack with them.
* Jack has started to love music lately too. In the morning, if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is ending, he LOVES to dance to the song. He'll stop what he's doing and get up and dance. It's so cute how he has his own dance style...it's so stinkin' cute!
* Jack also loves his belly button, and everyone elses! It's adorable how he says it and loves to dig his finger in it! Poor Brooke, Ryan and Kyle, when they are naked, Jack will hone in on that belly button! And of course, he loves pee pees :-) I keep telling myself: just a phase, just a phase...
All of the babies are great at:
* Pointing to body parts when asked (nose, mouth, eyes, toes, belly button, etc)
* Putting the proper shape in the shape sorter toy
* Animal sounds! This is one of their favorite things to do these days.
* Running! Amazing how long it takes them to learn to walk but running comes so quickly. And it's usually in opposite directions!
Life could not be crazier these days but at the end of the day, so tiring and SO WONDERFUL!

3 Comments:

Anonymous samantha said...

I get tired just looking at your pictures :-)

March 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know that I keep up with the kids here- but still it seems that they are getting so big! Loved the update with Kyle's funny things! Hilarious!!!!

March 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That Kyle is so hysterical! He's just speakin' the truth! And what boy/man doesn't love his pee pee, right?!? Love seeing your clan going around for train rides. Don't know how you do it ~ and with Macy, too???

March 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home