The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy, fun weekend!



Kyle and his buddy Jackson

Six little monkeys sitting on a couch :-)
What a fun, busy weekend we had. On Friday night, our friends, the Blasy's came over for our Friday night pizza party. The Blasy boys are so sweet and always fit right in with the chaos of the Logan crew. Kyle and Jackson took a break from basketball to take the picture above - so cute!
On Saturday morning, Ed and I took all the kids to music class (parents were still in Amsterdam!) and they all did great. Brooke and Jack love to dance around and mingle with the other families while Ryan and Kyle stay close by. Their true personalities really come out at class; it's so fun to watch. Kyle has been so helpful with the babies and he loves to "show them the ropes". You'll ask, "who wants to dance (or do anything else i.e. eat, blow bubbles, get dressed, etc)?" and Brookie will jump up and say "me!".
Saturday afternoon, Kyle and I went to a birthday party at the bowling alley for a friend of ours in the neighborhood. He had a great time and bowled a 55 (with bumpers)! He's still so shy but I was so impressed that he looked forward to going and had a good time. Happy 5th birthday Tommy!
Then, if that wasn't enough fun for one weekend, Sunday rolled around. Kyle and Ed went to the Tigers game while I had a triplet play date! Ed and Kyle had a great time. He told Kara (our helper who comes once a week) tonight that he saw the Tigers play the Angels and that the Angels pitcher threw him a ball. He came home and said, "mommy, I'm the luckiest kid". When I asked him why, he said "because I got a baseball!" I think Ed's heart melted.
My play date with the Dood triplets was great. They just turned two last month so I was excited to see how much the kids would interact with each other. We had a great time together and all the kids did so great! We spent a lot of time outside blowing bubbles and playing on the swing set. Before they left, we wanted to got a picture of all of them together. Kristin had a great idea...bribe them with Rice Krispie Treats! As you can see from the picture above, it worked! They all loved them and sat still long enough to snap a few pics :-) You'd think we planned their well coordinated outfits! I can't wait to get together with them again soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Ya for bribes!!! And I need to hear more about that baseball!! Did he catch a foul ball? That is so super cool!!! I bet Ed loved it! Joey started a blog (actually he writes in a notebook and I type it) and he just wrote about Ernie Harwell... very cute! Made all us baseball fans very proud too! Cool stuff!

May 13, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home