Happy 90th Birthday, Great Grandma!

Pictures:
* Kyle and his great grandma at her birthday dinner
* Me, Grandma and Kyle
I cannot believe we celebrated my grandma's 90th birthday today. She is such an amazing woman, you would NEVER know that she's 90. Her mind is sharp as a tack and she still lives in her own house, still drives and still shops at Talbot's...how cool is she?!
Kyle and I went up to take her to dinner on her actual birthday. She was sad the babies didn't come but I wanted to have a relaxing night and Kyle was really looking forward to spending time with just his mommy and great-grandma. When we were driving up, Kyle said, "mom, I'm going to give great grandma two choices. Her choices will be to go to Olive Garden or Famous Dave's for dinner. I think she'll pick Famous Dave's". And because great grandma is so sweet, guess where we went to dinner?! Ahhh, life is all about choices :-)
My parents and aunt/uncle are out of town so it was just the three of us for dinner, then my uncle, his girlfriend and two girls came over to enjoy some cake and pie. Grandma's big celebration is not for another week but I was so glad that we could celebrate with her on Tuesday. She means so much to me and my family, we're so incredibly blessed to have her in our lives. I hope we can celebrate a lot more birthdays with her! Happy birthday, grandma!


2 Comments:
Yeah for Great Grandmas!! She looks GREAT!!! Love that you got a celebration in before the 'big' celebration! 90 is wonderful!! I am jealous you have a grandma who is sharp as a tack! My Nan's memory is fading fast! I bet she LOVES those babes!!! Loved the 'choices!' ;-)
Hugs-
L
Hi from Amsterdam! We loved the pictures. We miss you all. Happy Birthday Mom! Love you, see you soon. xoxo Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home