The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Sunday, February 28, 2010

White trash...

bags, that is! So, I'm not a fan of winter, or going outside in the cold. Probably because of that, I haven't bought the babies snowpants or boots. This week, they saw Kyle and Papa outside and sat at the window, longing (aka whining) to go out. I mentioned the idea of just getting them bundled up and putting their legs in trash bags, and my mom thought it was a good idea. Therefore, the babies had their first sled ride and experience in the snow. They all piled on the sled together and it lasted about ten feet. They all had to strategically spread their legs (in trash bags, mind you!) so the next could sit in front of them. Jack didn't really like the idea, so Ryan ended up sitting on his leg, hence the ten feet ride. After Ryan was removed, the other three "enjoyed" the two turns around the back yard. Jack dragged his hand (covered in mitten, most of the time) around the yard until it filled with snow, while Kyle was piling snow up on Brooke. Needless to say, their first snow experience was short. Mommy says thank you :-)
Kyle and Papa made a GREAT snow hill down the steps of our deck. "Mr. Brave" had a ball. He started out going down on his butt, then after a little coaxing, tried the sled. Needless to say, he was out there for hours!
I could NOT STOP LAUGHING at how silly they looked in the "trash bag" snowpants. Maybe we're on to something...disposable snowpants? I guess this is one of my "parent of the year" nominations.










5 Comments:

Blogger samantha said...

so cute in their disposable snow pants!!

March 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

OMG that is funny!

March 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Grrrr... I read this earlier and left a comment and my dumb computer wouldn't post it... so here goes, take two!
I LOOOOOVE this! When I saw the title I wondered what the heck you were talking about and cracked up reading your story! You are quite the saavy mommy and very smart- which I guess you have to be with so many babes- I think those bags will get you through the season... but then again... we know how long winter lasts around here... tee hee hee! Love it!!!

March 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hysterical! That is so cute!! How could you deprive them of one of the wonderful experiences of being Michiganians? Bad Mommy!

Boy look at those chompers!

March 2, 2010 at 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny. When I first read it, I was like, "Huh, how could trash bags work as snow pants?" Then I looked at the pics. So hilarious! Well, it's March, so I think you can probably get away w/ trash bag gear till the end of winter. Worry about the boots and snow pants next year!

Ann

March 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home