The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Monday, January 25, 2010

My "Not-So" Graceful Little Girl























Pictures:
* A happy Brooke after her table incident - look at that poor head?!
* Note the busted, swollen gum from incident #2

Unfortunately for Brooke, she inherited my "lack of" gracefulness,which isn't such a great trait when learning to walk. She has been walking for about a month now and is a pretty good walker but the least steady of the three. Last Tuesday night, my parents were over and the babies were all dancing and walking around, swaying to music. Brooke just did a little spin, lost her balance and hit her head on the coffee table leg. It turned purple right away and a lump immediately popped out. She was crying hard for a few minutes, then hopped on the rocking doggy (pictured above). What a trooper!

Then on Thursday night, I let the babies out of the car in the evening so they could walk into the house by themselves. This was the first day that I did this and of course, wished I hadn't. Brooke was first and she caught her shoe on the mat and fell forward onto the concrete step into the house. She just cried for a few minutes and was fine. When we got in the house, I noticed her putting her hands in her mouth with a little blood, so I checked it out. Yikes! Her gum was cut open, right above her new front tooth that had come in that morning along with a new bruise for the other side of her head! Long story short, I took her to the dentist the next day and he said everything looked fine...thank goodness!

She now has three teeth with a fourth on they way. They are all top teeth, we're still waiting for the bottom ones to come in. I'll have to get my sweet little girl enrolled in ballet as soon as she's able...gracefulness can be learned, right?!

4 Comments:

Blogger MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

Poor Brooke :( It's amazing how quick they recover from tumbles. Hope to see you soon, we won't be able to make it to Nichelle's this friday.

Jill

January 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Aw! Poor sweetie!!! Joe got a bad bloody lip when he was a babe- so scary- but you're right- a second later they're back to playing!!!

January 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hope Miss Brooke's bruises are healing quickly. :) Just in time for the next one I'm sure. I think my 3 have inherited my clumsiness too - they are always crashing into something.

January 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - when you told me how beat up she was, I didn't realize how right you were! My mom had told me to look at these, but I just finally got a chance. I'm sure she's already healed and beautiful as ever!

- Jodi

February 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home