Our Weekend in Pictures

Kyle at the Cubs/Reds game. Notice on the scoreboard that Fukodome was up to bat. This is Kyle's favorite player (obviously he just loves saying his name - and says it so cute!)

Great-Grandma Miller with her babies (L-R: Jack, Brooke & Ryan)! They are getting too big to sit in the chair for much longer...
The boys shirts say, "I'm used to the attention" :-)
We had a great (busy) weekend. I've traveled for work the last four weeks so it was nice to come home on Friday from my last trip and know that I'd be around for awhile. Friday night was a relaxing one. On Saturday, Kyle and I went to pick out our flowers for me to plant, then he and Ed headed to Cincinnati for the night. They were meeting Ed's friend Mo for the Cubs/Reds game on Sunday. The boys had a great time! I'm so happy that Kyle is of the age that he and Ed can really laugh and enjoy each others company. Often times, Kyle will say "I want my daddy!" which I think is so cute (I'm sure he says it when he can't get something from me, but still very cute!). Ed packed up snacks and they headed south. After enjoying dinner at Montgomery Inn - Kyle wanted his BBQ! - he was actually in bed at a somewhat reasonable time (by Ed's standards anyways!).
They had a great time at the game. As you can see from the picture above, Kyle was decked out in his Cubs hat, shirt and wristbands, by his request. Of course, they had to arrive early for batting practice. It paid off as one of the Cubs coaches threw a ball up in the stands for Kyle (must have been the wristbands!). When they called me from the game he had to tell me about: 1) hot dog with ketchup and 2) the ball :-) This, of course, had to be the game that went 14 innings (Cubs eventually won!). But the good parent that he is (normally he'd NEVER leave a game early) decided they needed to get on the road for the four hour drive home. They had a great weekend and no sunburn :-)
Thank goodness for me, my parents came over on Saturday to help me with the triplets. I was able to get my annuals planted and all the landscaping cleaned up. The kids didn't feel like napping so well in the afternoon so while my dad and I worked in the yard, mom walked the kids in the stroller. We had a "quiet" evening, then went to see my grandma on Sunday. She was very excited to see the kids as it had been about 5-6 weeks. My Uncle Denny/Aunt Sharon, Julia, Uncle Steve/Gina & kids and cousin Amy with her kids Brandon/Ashley all came over to see me (ha, ha!). Jack didn't disappoint, his track record of spitting up on everyone who holds him is still in tact. He even managed to spit up on my grandmas furniture (oops, he won't be able to get away with that forever!). We had pork/sauerkraut (favorite!) for lunch and a wonderful visit.
Brooke had a slight fever on Sunday and Ryan ended up with one on Sunday followed by Kyle on Monday morning (every one's first fever...yuck!). Thank goodness for Tylenol/Motrin because everyone is better today.

3 Comments:
Happy 8-month Birthdays, Babies! They're getting so big!
Funny you wrote about Jack still spitting up. Before I read that I had just looked at the pic on your Grandma's lap and was going to comment that the Prevacid must be working because Jack looks so happy!
Glad Kyle & Ed had so much fun at the game. Now he needs to make a trip to Wrigley!
- Jodi
You'll have to tell Ed that my dad is going nuts again getting new baseball cards- pretty funny- when I hear how much they cost it amazes me- and he always says, "Gift from my Dad..." tee hee! Glad all is well!
oh my gosh!
that picture of kyle is so stinkin cute. i just love him, and can't wait to see everyone next weekend. too bad i won't see you. that's ok though, because you will be having a much deserved break.
Jill
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home