Another weekend under our belt...
The babies are sitting up! They were watching Kyle play outside with his new bubble machine (thanks Wades!). Kyle thought they should be in on the action so he opened the screen door and let the bubbles in the house. They didn't know what to think of the bubbles :-)
L-R: Jack, Ryan, Brooke
We survived yet another weekend. I guess they "seem" to get easier as time goes on, they get bigger and we're getting a routine down when we go out but it's still seems next to impossible to go anyplace in a hurry. I'm such a "get up and go" kind of girl and it's been hard for me to learn to slow down and plan! I'm definitely a work-in-progress...
My parents went to Connecticut to visit my bro/sis-in-law/niece (and new-baby-to-be, due in November!) but we didn't let that stop us from going out alone and often! Friday night, my girlfriend Denise came over with her boys and we walked over to pick up the kids. We then all went for a nice, long walk, played a little game of I spy, red light/green light, etc then came home to play for a while. We got a call later in the evening from Ed's sister Kris to tell us that our four year old nephew, Logan, had fallen off a play structure, landed on his elbow (ouch!) and dislocated it and broke his arm right below the elbow. They had to knock him out to put it back in place, then put a cast on from shoulder to hand. Poor thing, he'll have to have it on for six weeks so he can't swim or play baseball, both things that he was looking forward to doing. I felt just as bad for his mom, Jill. I can't imagine how horrible that ride to the hospital was...sounds like she was a trooper :-(
On Saturday we did chores around the house while the kids napped, then decided to go to the mall in the late afternoon. Kyle specifically requested CPK, so we of course had to honor his wishes :-) I know that he won't always be able to get what he asks for but it's still fun to do it while we can (and when it's a great place that mommy and daddy love!). We then raced around the mall - when we weren't getting stopped - chasing Kyle as he wanted to play chase. Ed is finally getting used to the extra attention that the triple stroller/triplets brings. I guess that's the first step!?!? The babies were so good until the bitter end! It was kind of funny...a sweet couple came up to see the kids and the guy was peeking in at Brooke, trying to get her to smile and she started bawling! That's never happened before but she stopped as soon as she saw I was still there. The guy felt awful (his wife was so embarassed!). And a lady was trying to pinch Jack's cheeks and he lifted his hand (like he was swatting hers away) and started screaming! I guess they know when they don't want anyone bothering them :-)
Because we had gone to the mall, the babies were off schedule as they didn't have their 6 pm bottle so we decided to just give them a bottle at 7 pm and put them to bed...BIG mistake. Jack decided to wake up at 3:30 am and Brooke joined in soon after. Ed and I both had a baby for awhile, then Ryan woke up at 5 am. I never feed them when they wake up (mean Mommy!) because I don't want them to get used to it, so we rocked them and they went back to sleep. After all that, we still decided to get up and go to church (9:30 service!). Kyle went to "Jesus school" for the second time and the babies went to the nursery so Ed and I sat by ourselves...how strange, yet enjoyable. After church, Kyle asked if we were going to "babaque" for "yunch". We were so proud of him for making it through church that we decided to attempt it...mission accomplished! We're getting pretty brave, two restaurants, two days. It makes me feel so good, like we're such trailblazers or something?!?!
Tonight we grilled out some awesome filets and had some rice-a-roni to go with it. Kyle looked at the rice, studied it, then said "I don't see the roni!". I'm still laughing thinking about it :-) After dinner, Kyle and I baked sugar cookies (cheated - used the roll dough!) and added M&M's. He carefully chose the colors for ALL the cookies. Our little project that I thought he'd enjoy took longer than expected but we turned it into a counting lesson...he made it up to twenty!
One last funny story from tonight...I went outside to cover the grill, clean up the bubble machine, etc and Kyle was standing inside the screen watching me. Obviously the wheels were turning because all of a sudden, he closed the slidding door and locked it! He then ran to sit on the couch, giggling all the way! Hmmm, think I'm going to have my hands full when they're all four conspiring against me? :-)
Baby highlight: Jack is rocking on all fours now and did his first army crawl move tonight, trying to get the animal train that Kyle was playing with!



4 Comments:
How in the WORLD are they big enough to sit up already - OMG! And could Jack look ANY more like Kyle???
Great pictures - your kids are way too cute.
They're sitting up. That's awesome! I just saw that picture and couldn't believe it. They are getting so big and strong. Wow!
And also "wow" to you and Ed for doing so many adventures w/ the crew. Good for you!
Well, I enjoy the blog. Your kids are all sooooooo adorable! We miss seeing you guys. If you're ever back in Colorado, let me know!
Ann
wow, sitting up so soon? They look like experts! I just wonder what 'roni' looks like in Kyle's mind?
katy
Just wondering....do you tell the priest that you call it "Jesus School?" And I think YOU should have swatted that woman's hand away. How dare she touch your kid? So rude.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home