The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Weekend with Jodi (and welcome baby Brayden!)





















Pictures:

* Poor Jodi packed in with all the kids in the van.

* The Logan family on our first trip to the mall (everyone still looks calm, right?!)

* Twenty steps further in the mall, the video captures how the trip finished (SCARY!?!?)

* Three babies, two of them actually smiling!

* Jodi and three babies. Kyle said he was too busy and didn't get in the picture.


What a fun (although, crazy, as always) weekend we had! My girlfriend, Jodi came to visit us from Minneapolis. Jodi and I worked together at Novartis four and a half years ago and we've been friends ever since. We saw each other last February in Denver so it had been awhile and she hadn't met the babies yet. I had told Kyle that Jodi was coming to visit and he thought it was pretty cool that she was coming on an airplane to see us! The green moose sucker that she gave him might have moved Jodi to the top of his favorite list :-) It was a good thing that I picked her up from the airport on Friday, otherwise, she may have wanted to leave on Friday night once she saw the chaos of our life :-)

When she arrived on Friday afternoon, after picking up a crying baby, Kyle instantly asked her to color with him. So there was Jodi, after setting down her luggage, holding a crying baby and coloring...what a trooper! And that's just how the weekend begins...

We had a doctors appointment for the babies to get their fifth RSV shot. It's almost a must to have three people at all appointments as they have to be undressed, weighed then get their shots. Jodi and I took the babies and Ed was meeting us there. When we arrived, we went to the waiting room at the doctors office. I picked up Jack's new prescription (moved from Zantac to Zegerid to see if SOMETHING will work with his spitting up!) and was just going to run it down the hall to the pharmacy. Needless to say, I got stuck in line behind some talkative man (oxymoron?) and when I returned, Jodi was holding two babies and a woman (who was from Brazil and didn't speak English!) was holding the third. Of course they all started crying after I left!

On Saturday, Jodi and I took Kyle and Ryan to music class (Ryan was the only baby who hadn't been yet). Jodi loved music class and acting silly with a bunch of adults :-) The four of us then went out for lunch while Ed held down the fort with Brooke and Jack. After the kids afternoon nap, I had the big idea to venture out to the mall, just to get out of the house. Who am I kidding? I thought it would be a challenge, although a fun one! Before leaving, Ed, Jodi and I all bet how many people would stop us or inquire about the triplets:

Jodi bet 27 comments, Ed 15 and I said 10. The final tally was 13 comments in one hour. That doesn't include the 100+ stares, second glances, etc. The best part was when Jodi and I went into Nordstrom by ourselves with the babies, a woman thought we were "partners" :-) Then two men that were "partners" both said, "are they triplets?". Seriously, why else would we have a triple stroller with three infants?! All was going well until it got closer to feeding time. I knew we probably needed to head home but all hell broke loose FAST! As you can see from the video above, we couldn't get out of there fast enough (babies crying, Kyle pooping, oh my)! Of course, I was laughing, Ed was stressing and Jodi was probably thinking, "thank God these aren't my kids and I can just videotape their crazy life!". We made it out alive and still managed to get CPK for dinner :-) We had a great time with Jodi and she was a HUGE help! Hopefully we'll see her again soon.

My cousin Michael and Krista had their baby yesterday. Brayden arrived to much fanfare and will be spoiled by many. Congratulations to the whole Pardon family on the first grandson, son, nephew, great-grandson, great-nephew, etc. We can't wait to meet him!

Mom & dad are in Connecticut visiting my brother, sister-in-law and niece. I'm a little envious except for the fact that they're getting 6-15" of snow tonight. Better them than us!

The babies now seem to be doing more things and having a lot more waking hours. Jack and Ryan both seem to have discovered their hands and love to put them in their mouths. They must think that their whole fist is supposed to go in :-) Brooke continues to broaden her sounds and there's no mistaking that she's the girl of the group. She definitely got my "talking" gene :-) And Kyle continues to amaze us with how loving he is to the kids. Jodi and I were sitting with the babies and Kyle laid down between them and was telling them stories, kissing them and giving them each a toy to play with. We're continuously reminded how truly blessed we are with amazing family and friends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a trooper Jodi was! Glad you guys had a chance to spend time together. Baby Lila is growing as well and also has the talking gene! Waiting for the snow to come tonight. Hugs and kisses to all. See you soon, or when the snow melts! Love mom and dad

March 1, 2009 at 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You pretty much captured it all! I'm going to replay the video whenever it gets too quiet around here and think of you! :-) I had such a good time and suggest that anyone who spends the weekend with you do a lot of bicep curls before hand - - my arms are still sore from the baby-carrying workout! Can't wait until my next visit!
Jodi

March 1, 2009 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Oh my, that video stressed me out just watching it. God bless you!

Monica

March 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Pete said, and I quote:

"That's 20 seconds of sheer terror right there!"

M.

March 1, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

The video was awsome; you should show that to anyone who says having infant triplets is easy. :) What can you do in those situations but laugh and know that they can't cry forever?

March 2, 2009 at 3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jen, this is priceless! As crazy as things must be right now, try to savor it as much as possible since they grow up so fast. (easier said than done!) Kyle is such an amazing Big Brother...too cute! How nice that Jodi came to visit, it sounds like you all had a great time. Miss you so much and we need to catch up!

March 2, 2009 at 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I read the blog, I thought Kyle was "hiding" behind the sign and pretending he wasn't with the rest of you:) Your blog is excellent birth control (not that I was having any ideas!)

March 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home