The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Friday, March 6, 2009

Brooke, breathing treatments and a smile :-)


Brooke getting her breathing treatment!
First, the good news. No RSV! We had to visit the pediatrician yesterday because Brooke seemed to have trouble breathing and they wanted to see her right away. The doctor tested her for RSV as she was wheezing. Not a fun test as they had to swab so high in her little nose - practically between her eyes! She received a breathing treatment and was so good here too. As you can see, she ended up falling asleep, which was nice. Kyle had bronchiolitis his first two winters and didn't like the nebulizer AT ALL! We went back for a follow-up today and she's doing so much better that she doesn't have to do the nebulizer anymore...so glad they sent us home with a machine yesterday?!?! She also gained a good amount of weight from last Friday (11 lb 14 oz) as she's now 12 lb 7 oz. She looks a lot like Kyle with her chunky, sweet face :-)
It was so cute last night...Jack laughed for the first time! Ed was playing with him and he giggled several times. I can't help but smile when I hear it. He's still spitting up a lot so Dr. Burrows wants us to add a tablespoon of cereal into his bottle to see if it helps. Here's hoping, as it seems he is spitting up half of his bottle! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
It is 65 degrees here today and my parents are here with the kids. They are getting ready to go for a walk with everyone this afternoon. I can't WAIT for the weather to really break and have 65 degrees plus on a daily basis. I PROMISE we won't complain in July when it's 90 degrees and we're sweating.
Everyone slept through the night for the past few nights again. Hopefully we've turned the corner and I can get my much needed eight hours because it IS all about me, right?!?! The problem was the boys were breaking out of their swaddles and I was going in 6-8 times/night re-swaddling...not fun. I felt like I was on automatic pilot doing it though! This week I bought the velcro swaddle blankets (that Kyle hated!) and they worked because since then, everyone has slept great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time it's for good!!!!
Have a wonderful, warm weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nichelle said...

Aw to bad she's sick, good thing NO Rsv!! I love the mask....I wish they'd given Ethan one like that! Oh well...
Yes we will HAVE TO get together neighbor soon!! I am off weekends this month...

March 6, 2009 at 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no - I feel bad for her! I guess it was the wheezing she was doing while I was there. At least you know the expensive RSV shots are working!
-Jodi

March 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

Must be something going around. We ended up in the ER with Jackson last sunday for the same thing and no RSV here. When you and Nichelle get together you will have to let me know:) Glad Brooke is feeling better.

Jill

March 6, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

My mom made the cupcakes. She got the idea from a book that gave step by step instructions. I will ask her the name of the book and let you know. I LOVE your family pic!!!

Jill

March 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane is home and now available to bring buster bars to your house. I am VERY flexible so when do you want my helping hands (and busters)? cell is 734-717-4786 so call me and let's get something scheduled soon. Love the blog. DK

March 26, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home