The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a Week It's Been...

Since it's now Sunday and I'm just updating the blog, you can imagine the week it's been. We had a great time last weekend with Ed's dad and uncle. They were here to pick up the lovely Buick that had been sitting in our driveway for months. Before they left on Sunday, Ed showed them a few "highlights" (????) from the area. On Saturday they went to Ponderosa (as Kyle says, "ewwwww!!!!"), Northville Antiques Mall and an old record store in Ann Arbor. That was one day that I wasn't bummed about staying at home with the kids :-) This was Uncle Phil's first visit up to Michigan and I think Ed wore him out! Much fun was had by all...

On Sunday afternoon I went to my girlfriend Katy's baby shower. I had a great time there while mom & dad and Ed stayed with the kiddies. Unfortunately I started feeling punk later that evening. Let's just say the stomach bug hit. It was a LONGGGG night/morning. Monday was my day off and I spent it in bed/bathroom. Monday was also the babies four month checkup. I was trying to be Super Mom because I wanted to go to the appointment but after I showered, I didn't make it past the bathroom without getting sick. Needless to say, my parents wouldn't let me go to the appointment so my parents and Cheryl loaded the babies up and headed to the doctor. I was able to conference in on the appointment so it was almost like being there! They are all doing great and Dr. Burrows is very pleased with their progress. Their skills are between the 3-4 month stage baby, right where they should be. Here is the update:

Ryan (born @ 3 lb 13 oz) weighs 12 lb 6 oz! He is doing a lot more smiling and talking these days. Ryan is definitely the laid back baby and let's you know when there is a problem. We have an activity mat that when you kick the kickplate, music plays along with spinning wheels, etc. He has mastered the kicking! He's still on his lactose free formula but we plan to try to wean him off at six months. Wouldn't that be great if everyone was actually using the same formula then?

Brooke (born @ 4 lb 4 oz) weighs 11 lb 11 oz! She is doing all of the talking...I guess we know where she gets that gene from :-) It's amazing how her coos have turned into "words" but she's doing it all of the time along with flashing lots of smiles. It's very cute as she'll be sitting in her bouncy seat and just talking to the dangling animals. She's now officially a one medicine girl. She seems to be doing fine without the other two, thank goodness! It's amazing to see her multiple rolls on her little legs that, just a few short months ago, were little spindles! Doctor said she needs to work on getting that neck of hers stronger...we'll be practicing.

Jack (born @ 4 lb 5 oz) weighs 13 lb 1 oz! He is our big, solid boy. Even though he's only a half pound bigger than his brother, he feels so much more solid. You pick him up and his body doesn't bend :-) I love when I go into his room in the morning and he's always got a smile for me. He's still our screamer (which is also his cry?!?!)...there's no mistaking when Jack wants something! Jack is still spitting up a lot so Dr. Burrows put him on Zantac (which we just took Brooke off!) to see if that would help. Here's hoping it works because we all go through a lot of clothes due to his spit ups!

I think I jinxed the sleeping thing. Jack is our only baby that is sleeping solidly through the night these days. Brooke almost always ends up with us and Ryan arrives in the late morning hours. It's a habit that must be broken soon but I hate to punish our good sleepers (Kyle & Jack). It's my goal to work on Brooke and Ryan! So they had a few shots on Monday, Jack started Zantac and they all have colds, including Kyle. What a great way to start the week.

On Wednesday, I had to go to New Jersey for my first overnight trip away from the babies. Thank goodness I had experience with this from Kyle because it made it a little easier. However, since I hadn't traveled since last June, Kyle didn't like the idea of me leaving for the night. Cheryl came early that morning and I headed out. Driving to the airport, I was feeling guilty and the dj on the radio was talking about how he and his wife hadn't been away from their kids overnight EVER (they're 12 & 14 years old) and they were going on a trip the next day. Of course I had to call in to tell him he shouldn't feel guilty...I was leaving four kids under the age of 2.5!!!! I got a few calls/texts to see if that was me on the radio :-) The trip turned out well; everyone survived, I had a wonderful dinner/wine with my girlfriend Monica and got a good nights sleep! It was so great to come home and have Kyle run to the door to greet me. He wouldn't let me leave his sight for the next few days. I had to insure him that I was just going downstairs to work and not anywhere else! Once again, thank goodness for my great husband and parents as they took wonderful care of everyone while I was gone.

On Thursday, I spoke with grandma and she gave me the sad news that my Great Aunt Katie passed away today. She would have turned 99 in April. She was a wonderful woman who always made you smile. She was a great cook with an even better sense of humor. She'll be missed by so many.

Kyle is such a sponge these days. He's so interested in learning his letters and numbers...and getting quite good at recognizing them. I'm anxious for Spring to arrive as we can only play golf, hit and kickball in our little house for so much longer! I think it might be awhile, as we got another 4-6 inches of snow again this weekend?!?!

Last night we had our friends the Ziegler's over for dinner. Well, Jenny actually brought the dinner! We had delicious chili over rice (who knew?!) and homemade cornbread. Kyle and Hannah actually ate some chili, maybe because it meant brownies for dessert! Hannah had a lot of fun holding the babies and giving them their pacifiers. She was kind of disappointed that Jack didn't like pacis...the nerve! She did like the "pink baby" though and Ryan seemed to be her favorite as she held him a few times. It must be the paci thing... It was fun to see Kyle and Hannah talking to each other. I love to watch them when they don't think that anyone is listening...so cute!

Well, that's the week in a nutshell. It was a crazy, busy one. I'm glad it's behind us!

3 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Wow - what a week. Glad your business trip went well and you got some rest. Glad to hear you are feeling better. :) The babies are getting so big - doesn't 4 months go by so quickly? I don't think I'm going to be able to make the meeting on Tues; hubby's working late this month.

February 23, 2009 at 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope it wasn't the shower that made you sick! My friend Amy had such a nice time with you, Holly, and Marilyn. katy

February 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Hi there Jen, Ed, Kyle, Ryan, Brooke and Jack. Just wanted to say a quick hi and thank you again for allowing us to ride with you on tues. However good it was to see you and Ed--I have to admit it is so much more fun when Kyle and the babies are with you. We miss them all so much and can't wait to see them again soon. I will call soon to "schedule a visit". I realize how crazy busy you are and how hard it is to fit in all who want to visit. Our continued prayers(for health--as I know how rough it is when all are sick at 1 time)and love to all of you. Ted, Lynette, Julia, Jenna and Bradley

February 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home