The Logan Crew

The life and times of big brother Kyle and the triplets, Ryan, Brooke and Jack

Friday, January 30, 2009

Weigh in











Pictures (I don't know why I can't get them to align as I want?!?!):
* The babies stretched out at great grandma's house (L-R: Brooke, Ryan, Jack)
* Great grandma with Ryan (I think she has her eyes closed but cute nonetheless!)
* Papa and Kyle carefully placing pepperoni
* Kyle spreads the sauce...notice the mouth is open as he concentrates! I think he gets that from me :-)
The babies are getting so big! They had their third round of RSV shots today. We've got our routine down now and can get ready and out of the house pretty quickly. I'm quite impressed with us :-) My parents came over this morning (Ed was working, lucky guy), we woke the babies from their naps (after sleeping for 10-11 hours!!!!!) cleaned faces/necks and headed to the doctor. The official weights are:
Jack (born 4 lbs 5 oz) now weighs 12 lbs 2 oz
Brooke (born 4 lbs 4 oz) now weighs 10 lbs 10 oz
Ryan (born 3 lbs 13 oz) now weighs 11 lbs 4 oz
I can't believe how big they are getting!? It's funny because a baby can actually be BORN at these weights but compared to their birth weights, we think of them as chunkers! The ladies at the doctors office get so excited when they see us coming...they were shocked to see how big everyone was. I guess I'm doing something right :-) The shots went well and we all managed to cuddle and soothe our assigned babies. It's great having mom & dad as helpers. Again I say, WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THEM!?!?!
I've had a busy last week before returning to work. It's amazing how when you want time to go slow so you can enjoy something, it seems to go by faster. I had plans every day and filled up the week! We went to see my grandma on Thursday. It's about a 1.5 hour trip and the weather cooperated. The babies were fabulous and mom was a big help in the back seat, watching over everyone. We had a wonderful visit with my grandma with lots of visitors. It started with my cousin Amy (popped in while on her lunch from teaching), my Uncle Steve joined us for lunch (Gina and the girls showed up later - her girls, ages 4 & 6 wanted to see those babies!), dad's cousin Shirley (she did a wonderful job of holding the boys and getting them to nap in her arms!), neighbor Carol and grandma's friend/card playing buddy, Betty (who had made us beautiful afghans for all of the babies - I was so glad to finally meet her!). It was a full house but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
When we got home last night we picked up Kyle and went home to make dinner. My parents had a Little Caesars pizza kit for us to eat so dad & Kyle got to work. He had so much fun helping papa cook dinner. Between making pizza, playing golf with papa and marching with ama, his night was complete. He looks forward to his time with them. What great memories they are creating. I have such wonderful memories with my grandparents, I know Kyle and the triplets will have these with my parents too. Ed and I are truly blessed to have such wonderful families.
A few funny Kyleisms....
* For the last six months he's been telling us when it's time for him to poop (still in his diaper 99% of the time) but he now goes in a corner to do it. Yesterday he announced it to me, then says, "it's a messy one mommy. are you going to throw up?!?!". He just makes me laugh SO much these days.
* Today Cheryl taught him how to spell hug. He came home and said he wanted a H-U-G. How cute :-) He knows how to spell his name too...so proud.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Logan's! It sounds like everyone is doing so well!! Can't get over how big the babies are getting, that's great! And poor Kyle, to see the sweet thing with his 'injury' is so sad : ( Give him a big hug for us, what a trooper! Call me when you can Jen, I'd love to catch up and hear how life is now that you're back to work.
Take care!
Karen

February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love those pizza kits! Its no Alibi pizza, but it is fun to build your own. See all of you in a couple of weeks! katy

February 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger scoots56 said...

Brooke has a little hair! How did you make that happen? Please share your success stories with those of us with bald baby girls!

February 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home