Our weekend in pictures



* The babies getting ready for the Super Bowl (L-R: Brooke, Ryan & Jack)
* Kyle had his 3-D glasses (thanks ama & papa, mommy forgot!) and was ready for the big game
* We had a fun afternoon in the snow. It's amazing when we think 40 degrees is a heatwave! It's hard to gauge the depth of the snow from these pictures but we still have about 10-12"!?
We had a fun weekend, enjoying the last of my "freedom" before I went back to work. Saturday morning was the standard music class followed by a trip to the Honda dealership. While mom & dad watched the kids, Ed and I teamed up to do some great negotiating and we walked out with another minivan! We're the proud new owners of a black 07 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Just a few short years ago I was fighting Ed's minivan urge and here we are with two!?!? I guess who would have ever thought (I didn't!?) that we'd have four kids either?!
On Sunday, my Aunt Sheryl came over so we could go to church again then we spent the afternoon playing in the snow and getting ready for the Super Bowl. I'm so impressed that she can successfully tackle all of the babies, we're so lucky :-) Our friend Chad came over for the game and we definitely saw a great one (although I was pulling for the Cardinals). Then it was back to work on Monday after four months!
Thank goodness the babies are sleeping through the night because it's made my transition easier. We moved them into their cribs for the first time at night which has worked out great for everyone! So far, so good as it's been two nights and they all slept great! My first few days at work have been overwhelming. We moved my office into the basement last summer, then I went on bed rest so I hadn't been in there working at all and there are boxes everywhere! My boss is expecting her second baby on March 12th so I'll be making my first trip (gasp!) to New Jersey in a few weeks so we can catch up before she's out on leave. Ed has already confirmed that my parents will be over to help while I'm away :-) Needless to say, I've jumped right back into the swing of things!


6 Comments:
So busy, and yet you still managed to post on the blog. Impressive! You know...those sound machines are available with points, too! I just saw the new catalog today.
Hi, It's been awhile since I've written but I read the blog all the time. So glad to hear that everyone continues to do great. So glad to hear that everyone is sleeping through the night. I'm sure that makes for a better quality of day for you and Ed especially now with you being back at work. You are a superwoman if I've ever known one. I can't imagine. How wonderful that you have such a great support group to help you out Not that I have to remind you but your parents are awesome. You're very lucky. Things are pretty much the same here. Nothing new for Fred yet. Good news is the house is 100% complete and that sure feels good. Knew it was going to be a tough first winter being back in the states but enough with the snow already. Got another 6 inches yesterday but it's supposed to be almost 50 by the weekend. Well our love to you all and hope to be able to talk soon. Love Diane and Fred
I have minivan envy!!
It was great to meet you at the HOMMIES meeting the other week. Best wishes on your return to work. It does get easier. You'll have to let me know how you like your new minivan. We are looking to buy one soon and the Honda Odyssey was one we were thinking about. P.S. Your babies are adorable and I love your birth announcement/xmas card on the side of your blog.
bring the babies to NJ, Dave and I will watch them!katy
We just bought an Odyssey over the weekend too! We love it and can already see how much easier it will be to load/unload everyone when the 3rd arrives. You're going to have to request advertising $$$ with all the positive feedback on the van!
Super impressed with you going back FT. I'm going to do PT when I go back this summer.
Also, I wanted to reassure you that the baby's being next door to Kyle shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I'm behind on the blog and you've already made the big transition. I put Scott in Allan's room when he was 3 mo and worried it would be a problem for Allan (who is also a wonderful sleeper), but I think Scott has only awakened Allan 2x, and he always goes right back to sleep.
Think of you all often!
Adrienne Lane
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home